Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: A BRITISH father has been arrested on suspicion of murder after stabbing home intrud

  1. #1
    Regular Member Haz.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    I come from a land downunder.
    Posts
    1,227

    A BRITISH father has been arrested on suspicion of murder after stabbing home intrud

    A BRITISH father has been arrested on suspicion of murder after allegedly stabbing a home intruder.

    Vincent Cooke, 39 of Stockport in Greater Manchester, was released on bail yesterday.

    Two men reportedly forced their way into Mr Cooke's home and threatened him before one of the alleged intruders suffered fatal knife wounds.

    Mr Cooke was home alone on Saturday night when the men broke in, but his wife Karen and their 12-year-old son returned during the incident - although they managed to escape unharmed.

    Paramedics treated the injured man - thought to be aged in his late 30s - but he died shortly after.

    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/dad...-1226141306621
    When a criminal invades your home and has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.

    My Definition of Gun Control: The idea that dozens of people found dead in the Broadway Café, Tasmania, and many also seriously wounded, all while waiting for police, who were called to show up and protect them, is somehow morally superior to having several armed and therefore alive civilian's explaining to police how the attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    I find this interesting as it stands beside a post wherein a government-level prosecutor said they wouldn't charge folks for stabbing B&E criminals. Something involving a granny.

    I suppose it's ok, as she couldn't be expected to overpower her intruder...

    Knives are deadly, folks, and all manner of knives abound throughout the criminal world, even in London. A person armed with a knife can kill you in 1 second from 20 feet away, even if you never see the knife.

    That's why I carry a gun. It has better range.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran Verd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lampe, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    I find this interesting as it stands beside a post wherein a government-level prosecutor said they wouldn't charge folks for stabbing B&E criminals. Something involving a granny.

    I suppose it's ok, as she couldn't be expected to overpower her intruder...

    Knives are deadly, folks, and all manner of knives abound throughout the criminal world, even in London. A person armed with a knife can kill you in 1 second from 20 feet away, even if you never see the knife.

    That's why I carry a gun. It has better range.
    +1

    Still can't believe Great Britain took away people's rights to self-defense.
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Verd View Post
    +1

    Still can't believe Great Britain took away people's rights to self-defense.
    Out of all those people, none stood up. Would Americans?

    Anywho, this topic title does not surprise me one bit. British. Who would want to live there? All my friends are always talking about OH MAN YOU GOTTA GO LIVE OVER SEAS YOU NEED TO PUT IN FOR ORDERS OVER SEAS...pffff FFFFFFFF*******KKKK DAAAAAAATTT

    It's bad enough we have to get (in most places in the US) government permission to exercise rights we were born with, why would I want to go to a place like that (england)????
    Last edited by Schlitz; 10-16-2011 at 03:33 AM.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran Verd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lampe, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    Out of all those people, none stood up. Would Americans?
    They are doing something similar in CA and people are standing up by doing ULGOC.
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

  6. #6
    Regular Member Haz.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    I come from a land downunder.
    Posts
    1,227
    The majority of young Australian men are doing something about our right to defend ourselves! Every weekend they go the the football, drink beer, go home drink more beer, cook a barbeque, whilst drinking more beer, then have some more beer. Then go out to a pub or club Friday night, maybe glass someone, punch up a few unarmed senior citizens and a few cab drivers on the way home, assult a few police officers who attend, get arrested, magistrate lets them off with another warning, they go home drink more beer, smoke some weed, more beer, passout and live in a daze untill next weekend to do it all again!

    Radio talk back Monday Morning! Terrified citizens calling.

    Radio announcer, Good morning, what would you like to say?

    "Were sick and tired of this. Having to lock up ourselves at night. WE SHOULD BE UP IN ARMS OVER THIS!" Whats the government doing about this?

    I say, what arms? O'h you mean the arms we stupidly handed in during the gun ban buy back? The governments doing nothing at all apart from further tightening firearms laws! Cheers Haz.
    When a criminal invades your home and has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.

    My Definition of Gun Control: The idea that dozens of people found dead in the Broadway Café, Tasmania, and many also seriously wounded, all while waiting for police, who were called to show up and protect them, is somehow morally superior to having several armed and therefore alive civilian's explaining to police how the attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Haz.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    I come from a land downunder.
    Posts
    1,227

    HE'S only 13 and he's got a sawn-off shotgun in his hands.

    Sorry double post.
    Last edited by Haz.; 10-17-2011 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Deleted, Double post.
    When a criminal invades your home and has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.

    My Definition of Gun Control: The idea that dozens of people found dead in the Broadway Café, Tasmania, and many also seriously wounded, all while waiting for police, who were called to show up and protect them, is somehow morally superior to having several armed and therefore alive civilian's explaining to police how the attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    926
    Thank god my grandfather immigrated to America from Scotland!
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

  9. #9
    Regular Member Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle,WA, , USA
    Posts
    266

    Exclamation Brit father defends home

    From the article:

    "The incident is the third of its kind in the Greater Manchester area in the past four months. In June Peter Flanagan, 59, fatally stabbed an intruder at his Salford home after he was confronted by masked men wielding machetes. In July 72-year-old Cecil Coley stabbed a burglar at his shop in Old Trafford."

    Searching on BBC news you find that Cooke and Coley were not charged with murder after all of the investigations were done.


    Maybe they ARE starting to get it after all.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran EXTREMEOPS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Escondido CA
    Posts
    248

    Britain lost the plot when they disarmed the legal gun owners in 1997

    Quote Originally Posted by Contrarian View Post
    From the article:

    "The incident is the third of its kind in the Greater Manchester area in the past four months. In June Peter Flanagan, 59, fatally stabbed an intruder at his Salford home after he was confronted by masked men wielding machetes. In July 72-year-old Cecil Coley stabbed a burglar at his shop in Old Trafford."

    Searching on BBC news you find that Cooke and Coley were not charged with murder after all of the investigations were done.


    Maybe they ARE starting to get it after all.
    In 1997 when all handguns were confiscated ie being turned in to your local PD for approx $100 per weapon or face jail time for possession after the date of confiscation.
    Fast forward 15 years britain is awash with handguns in the hands of the criminal element. A citizen may possess a shotgun or rifle but must register and license the weapon every 12 month failure to do that will land the citizen in jail and or fined and weapon confiscated. The best protected citizens in britain are the farmers shotguns and rifles in every farmstead. unfortunately that will never help the citizens living in cities and towns ..
    "There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

    - General George S. Patton, Jr.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by EXTREMEOPS1 View Post
    In 1997 when all handguns were confiscated ie being turned in to your local PD for approx $100 per weapon or face jail time for possession after the date of confiscation.
    Fast forward 15 years britain is awash with handguns in the hands of the criminal element. A citizen may possess a shotgun or rifle but must register and license the weapon every 12 month failure to do that will land the citizen in jail and or fined and weapon confiscated. The best protected citizens in britain are the farmers shotguns and rifles in every farmstead. unfortunately that will never help the citizens living in cities and towns ..
    You forgot to mention another key point.
    If you do legally own a shotgun or rifle in the UK, the local police are allowed to knock on your door unannounced and inspect your firearms, your ammo, your safe and other parts of your home.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

  12. #12
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Southern England
    Posts
    3
    To own a firearm on a firearm license here, you must show a "good reason" for why you need every gun. Some shotguns come under the less restrictive shotgun license, which doesn't need justification for every individual gun, but you still have to show a "good reason" why you need the license. Self defence is not a good reason for either license, according to the nanny state.

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974
    Even if one could get onboard with the concept of giving up personal firearms, how in the world does one, especially an Englishman with such a history of self-sufficiency, then go on to give up the fundamental right to self-defense by any physical means as well? Boggles my mind....

  14. #14
    Regular Member Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    Even if one could get onboard with the concept of giving up personal firearms, how in the world does one, especially an Englishman with such a history of self-sufficiency, then go on to give up the fundamental right to self-defense by any physical means as well? Boggles my mind....
    After brainwashing the last few generations, apparently its not as hard as you think.
    Hell, you can be arrested in the UK for just having a pocket knife with a locking blade.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    After brainwashing the last few generations, apparently its not as hard as you think.
    Yeah, I know, but do you know how badly I wish that you were totally, absolutely wrong about that? :-(

  16. #16
    Regular Member Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    Yeah, I know, but do you know how badly I wish that you were totally, absolutely wrong about that? :-(
    I wish I were wrong as well.
    as I said previously, my family is from Scotland (UK) and I always wanted to live there for a couple of years just to experience my families birthplace.
    But because self defense is not a basic human right in that nation, I refuse to live there.
    I stay once in a while for a week or two, bit thats it.

    As a side note, the violent crime in the UK has been sky rocketing the last couple of decades and I/we can only hope the British populace will wake up and demand their rights e reinstated.
    I wont hold my breath though......
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •