• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We are fighting back and the message is getting through.

Haz.

We Law abiding Citizens are finally getting the message out there in Australia. We must fight back regardless of what laws the government introduces.

Here is an on gowing result of a Poll being run by a prominent Newspaper today!

Haz.

Poll in Daily Telegraph. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s-harrowing-wait/story-e6freuzi-1226143059065

Results: Today's poll
Thanks for voting!

Should homeowners be entitled to defend their homes from intruders?
Yes
99.09% (3801 votes)
No
0.91% (35 votes) Total votes: 3836

Says it all.
Haz.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
That's great news Haz. Now hopefully you all can turn those positive poll results into positive action. I wonder why there is not more push back by citizens over self-defense especially when the percentage of those who believe in it is so high.

Haz.

That's great news Haz. Now hopefully you all can turn those positive poll results into positive action. I wonder why there is not more push back by citizens over self-defense especially when the percentage of those who believe in it is so high.

Hi mate,

Were working on them. Never let up. The anties chickens have finally came home to roost!

So far only about 1% of the total in favour. I reckon its the lawyers voting to retain their need to represent. Feel free to click on the link and vote.

Haz.

MKEgal

poll said:
Yes 99.09% (3801 votes)
No 0.91% (35 votes)
Total votes: 3836
It scares me that anyone would vote no.
Perhaps they were confusing defending property with defending themselves in that property when someone violently & illegally tries to enter it?

And even the wording rankles... "should they be entitled"?
How about "do they have the right".
A change in mindset is needed.

SFCRetired

Over five thousand voting "yes". I guess it's because I'm an old dumb South Alabama Redneck, but I always thought that defending one's life, family, and property was a right and sacred duty. I can't wrap my old, tired brain around not being "allowed" to defend self, family, or property.

Granted, I would not take someone's life over property, but this gentleman was in a definite self-defense situation. The stun gun in the thief's hand changed the dynamics to where the homeowner had little choice.

Haz, you guys keep hammering your politicians. It'll be a long, hard, and probably bloody fight, but you can win it. As an amateur military historian, I know entirely too much about the fighting quality of Australians to believe otherwise. You folks are not ones to just give up in a fight.

Haz.

Over five thousand voting "yes". I guess it's because I'm an old dumb South Alabama Redneck, but I always thought that defending one's life, family, and property was a right and sacred duty. I can't wrap my old, tired brain around not being "allowed" to defend self, family, or property.

Granted, I would not take someone's life over property, but this gentleman was in a definite self-defense situation. The stun gun in the thief's hand changed the dynamics to where the homeowner had little choice.

Haz, you guys keep hammering your politicians. It'll be a long, hard, and probably bloody fight, but you can win it. As an amateur military historian, I know entirely too much about the fighting quality of Australians to believe otherwise. You folks are not ones to just give up in a fight.

Hi SFC, Thanks for your support which encourages me to keep up with our struggle.

I just checked to see how the poll was running. Here is the latest, which I think may be the last poll count at 3:12pm this afternoon. Poll could be closed soon?

Results: Today's poll
Thanks for voting!

Yes. 98.85% (8137 votes)

No. 1.15% (95 votes) Total votes: 8232

Just shows how people are beginning to react to our governments stupid anti firearms, and armed self defence is illegal laws. People are beginning to realise that the firearms ban is a failure and has enabled armed criminals. The stun gun used by this perp is a prohibited weapon in Australia, so as far as I am conserned the victim was entitled to use as much force as possible to defend himself. A neighbour has come forward and made a statement to police that she heard the victim call the perp back saying he was injured and would seek help for him? The perp fled to a waiting car driven by an accomplice and they both fled. Also it has now been released that the perp was known to police and was due to appear in court tomorrow on other criminal charges.

How the hell can police even considder charging the victim with murder????????????????????????????

Last edited:

Haz.

Results: Today's poll, Daily telegraph:

Results: Today's poll, Daily telegraph:

Thanks for voting!

Yes, 98.82% (10798 votes)

No, 1.18% (129 votes)

Total votes: 10927.
Richard, remember the saying; "Every village has its idiot?"

This poll result proves beyond doubt that the majority of people are in favour of armed self defence at least in the home, and that a village of 10927 sane law abiding citizens has at least 129 idiots! Just enough to require the building of a small mental assylum by the river.

Regards, Haz.

Haz.

Dial 000 twice and wait, and wait, and wait, for, sorry too late.

Check this out guys! Our life saving system's nothing to get excited about is it?

Our over worked and understaffed police officers, under the order of our government now can do nothing more than advise people not to take matters in their own hands and risk injury if and when attacked by anyone. They advise Law abiding citizens who have been dissarmed to dial 000 which is the main emergency number, or Crime Stoppers after the event. Below is an example of how the system works, or should I say doesnt work? Haz.

Penelope 'Penny' Pratt's 000 call fell on deaf ears.

Mark Dunn, Jessica Craven
September 24, 2011 12:00AM
Penelope "Penny" Pratt, 27, was shot three times after an argument over a $160 drug debt on November 28 last year. Source: Supplied
TWO frantic 000 calls by a woman who was murdered minutes later went unheeded after an emergency operator was unable to obtain precise information and did not pass the request for attendance to police. Pratt, 27, who was shot three times after an argument over a $160 drug debt on November 28 last year.

Read More: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mo...ell-on-deaf-ears/story-fn7x8me2-1226144956177

since9

Campaign Veteran
The point to make is that Every Person has a Right To Life and therefore a Right and a Duty to Protect that Life.

Contrarily, the same could be said of criminals, so who are we to blow them away?

The only salient argument is that rights under the law can be forfeited by activity contrary to the law. Therefore, if a criminal attempts to unlawfully (without legal cause) deprive me of my right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, he has forfeited his own rights and I may lawfully blow him away.

Er., I may lawfully defend myself against him up to and including whatever force is necessary to stop his unlawful deprivation of my own rights.

Haz.

Contrarily, the same could be said of criminals, so who are we to blow them away?

The only salient argument is that rights under the law can be forfeited by activity contrary to the law. Therefore, if a criminal attempts to unlawfully (without legal cause) deprive me of my right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, he has forfeited his own rights and I may lawfully blow him away.

Er., I may lawfully defend myself against him up to and including whatever force is necessary to stop his unlawful deprivation of my own rights.

We aspire to inspire before we expire dont we!
Cheers haz.