• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eau Claire councilman proposes signs on bars law for Eau claire

bluehighways

I read this in the Eau Claire "Leader-Fishwrap" today. I'll paraphrase what I saw.

An Eau Claire city councilman is proposing a city law that will require bars and restaurants that serve alcohol to post a 5" x 7" sign on their entrance that states "Guns and alcohol don't mix!"

The councilman stated in the article that although the new CC law states that it is illegal to consume alcohol while carrying a firearm, the wording is buried deep within the legal text and may be easily overlooked by people. The councilman also stated that people who carry guns regularly might forget that they're not allowed to drink while carrying, and that they might casually stop at a bar or restaurant for a cocktail while carrying, and thus be in violation of the new law. He intends these signs to serve as a public safety reminder to all us morons with guns to abstain from alcohol while carrying.

The short article is in the Wednesday, September 21 edition of the Leader Telegram.

Here's a link:

http://www.leadertelegram.com/news/front_page/article_ef52846e-52bc-57bc-b074-ca56e66492b4.html

M

McX

a little something i just posted on the book of Face:

I'm sick and tired already of all these no guns allowed signs i see pics of on the forum, and here, that are going up. we've posted guns ok in our lounge, and on the shop floor. i'm having new signs printed up, and will include one in the front window of our shop, to be readily seen by the public. kinda a up yours you anti-gun bastards response

M

McX

Open and Permit Carry Okay in this Facility. yellow signs, black lettering.

were changing out from the other signs, as they said Constitutional Carry as well, that one didnt go through, so time to update the signs.

Packfanatic

Yet another DUMB idea

Lets get real Mark Olson...... Those of us RESPONSIBLE, LAW-ABIDING soon to be CCW permittees already KNOW THE LAW.

No alcohol while conceal carrying. We know this.. we get it. You may as well post them on stop signs as well. and do not forget about any other place we will be carrying. Sometimes I think you politicians think we are all dumber than a box of rocks.. truth is you politicians that dream up these type of laws/ordinances are the dumb ones..:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

....No alcohol while conceal carrying. We know this.. we get it... truth is you politicians that dream up these type of laws/ordinances are the dumb ones..:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Truth is the dumd@ss already has it wrong.

He contends that people who regularly carry a firearm might forget about that part of the law and order a drink at a restaurant without realizing they're committing a crime.

:banghead:

We have watched, witnessed and interacted with our elected employees regarding Act 35 for a while now. I said it before and I will say it again. In almost every single instance we the people have been more knowledgeable and able to present ourselves better than our employees.

Last edited:
M

McX

i'm just getting tired of all the hurry and fuss to put up no gun signs, with some businesses showing passive support by not posting anything just leaves a carrier to wonder. a carrier shouldnt have to wonder, is it yes or is it no, and i wont know until i go in there. we tell you right up front, rather than no we are Pro!

sheller

Like it or not, it is the law in Wisconsin. I respect the right of people being able to post a sign not allowing firearms. I did not spend my military time protecting the Constitution for just some of the people.

Outdoorsman1

Like it or not, it is the law in Wisconsin. I respect the right of people being able to post a sign not allowing firearms. I did not spend my military time protecting the Constitution for just some of the people.[/QUOTE]

I THANK YOU for the sacrifices you have made to serve and protect me and mine... but,

Part of that Constitution say's something about "The Right To Keep AND BEAR Arms" amd also something about "Shall NOT be infringed"....

Just Sayin...

On Point...

If the DOJ is in the process of designing the applications and the permits, then they could include an “It is unlawful to consume alcohol while carrying” on either the application or the permit itself. Problem (concern) solved… I read somewhere that the application will include some of the basic laws and a required signature that the applicant has read and understood said inclusions is required…???... But…

I suppose if “They” can MANDATE no smoking in some PRIVATE businesses, then MANDATING no firearms is not far behind…

:mad: :mad: :banghead: :banghead:

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Trip20

Like it or not, it is the law in Wisconsin. I respect the right of people being able to post a sign not allowing firearms.

I'm fairly certain most/all are aware the law provides the opportunity for the private sector to post. That point is largely irrelevant because the outrage is caused not by an individual's choice, but by the >>insert government entity<< finding creative ways to impose their will on the private sector.

Outdoorsman1

I'm fairly certain most/all are aware the law provides the opportunity for the private sector to post. That point is largely irrelevant because the outrage is caused not by an individual's choice, but by the >>insert government entity<< finding creative ways to impose their will on the private sector.

Excellnt point.... + 1000

Outdoorsman1