• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun at Martin's in the Village Shopping Center?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This is a regular stop for me when I'm in the West End as well. It is on my route to DoubleTap's mom's house.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Events like this just serve to remind us that even in familiar and possibly seemingly hospitable environments the worst crimes may occur. As a result it is necessary to stay aware of your surroundings and be prepared for what really isn't all that uncommon.

Ric in Richmond

Latest update is man and woman employee got in fight. Man stabbed woman....man ran outside and stabbed himself.

Still closed.

I can see the place from my office.

So ....at what point do YOU personally intervene to save others besides yourself? I have to think that once the blade comes out and he moves to anyone with intent I pull the trigger and live with the legal consequences. I am not going to sit there and watch someone else die.

Your thoughts?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I've driven past there a few times. The area isn't bad but anywhere in Richmond, Henrico or Chesterfield fall under the suspect with me.
I don't start feeling like I'm in hospitable territory until I get to Amelia.

I wonder what the argument was about?

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
I know the victim from having shopped there for years....nice girl. They said that a night shift co-worker stabbed her right in the front of the store by the coffee area/bank. He then ran to the back of the store and stabbed himself.

This world is getting crazier each day.

Dreamer

This is the first "assault with a deadly weapon" story that I've heard of involving a knife where the assailant tried to off himself with a knife.

Usually these stories end with "and then he turned the gun on himself"--Never heard one that ended with "ad then he stabbed himself".

The world is indeed getting crazier every day...

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I know the victim from having shopped there for years....nice girl. They said that a night shift co-worker stabbed her right in the front of the store by the coffee area/bank. He then ran to the back of the store and stabbed himself.

This world is getting crazier each day.

In such a case, do we shoot the perp since he is trying to kill someone (stabbing himself)?

[heh, heh... sarcasm off]