• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'd for the first time last night

PX4Storm40

So, I've been following this forum for a little while to make sure I'm aware of current/updated Georgia Law pertaining to my GWCL as well as find out what other like-minded folks like myself have been through or have been confronted with when OC'ing. I've thoroughly enjoyed everything I've read here in the forum. I've seen a gentlemen, local to where I live, OC'ing in a couple different places. That first started giving me the confidence to OC. I'm glad I found this forum, as I wasn't completely clear on the rules and regs of OC & CC. So after reading through a good portion of the forum and reading the updated Law thoroughly, I finally built up the confidence to OC and would like to report that last night was the first time I OC'd in public! I say confidence in the sense that I was a little nervous about reactions of those around me. So the wife and I headed out to the Dollar General and our local Shell station. She wasn't too thrilled that I've decided to exercise my 2nd Amendment right, but I think she was nervous about any possible reactions of those around us. I'm happy to report that we walked into Dollar General with my Beretta .40 PX4 on my hip, they weren't too busy so just a couple folks walking around shopping, and I didn't notice any sideways glances from anyone. Upon checking out, not a word was said about my weapon. I felt comfortable carrying it and felt even more comfortable after walking out and nothing being said about it. We then headed to the gas station, where I stepped inside saying hello to the guy that runs the place. I'm in their daily so he's very familiar with me, but this was the first time I entered while OC'ing. He didn't say a word. So, I feel better about the entire situation. I look forward to more outings while OC'ing, and hope the rest of them will be as comfortable is the first! Peace and Love friends!

Last edited:

WCrawford

First time OC is an exciting, traumatic, exhilarating, and heart-stopping experience (and probably alot of other emotions in there, too). Then you get similar feeling when you OC in a new type of business (like when we could start carrying in places that serve alcohol in TN).

The more you OC, the less nervous you and yor wife will be. My girlfriend (at the time) was not particularly happy when I started OCing. She eventually came around. The newer model is all for if from the get go. :)

PX4Storm40

Nice! Yeah, it was pretty exhilarating. My wife was ill with me as we left the house, but I did notice, once we were there and no one was reacting crazy to it, she didn't seem to mind. I'm sure she will get used to it. I look forward to OC'ing in more establishments, though I know I will get that same feeling for a while, until I'm used to it. My wife's concern is Oc'ing with our 5 yo out with us, but the way I see it, I would always rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it! Peace!