Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mounting holster in vehilce.

Mounting holster in vehilce.

Has anyone or is anyone going to mount a holster in their vehicle? I'm looking for any suggestions. Are people making their own or buying a kit? If you have made your own, what did you do?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamtnt2004 View Post
    Has anyone or is anyone going to mount a holster in their vehicle? I'm looking for any suggestions. Are people making their own or buying a kit? If you have made your own, what did you do?
    PM stainless1911

He has a nice home made set up. There are also commercial set ups, google for them.
    Last edited by Venator; 09-22-2011 at 11:30 AM.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

I plan on getting a cheap holster and mounting right on top of the dash...so it's in full view
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    check this out http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=418197

they also make one that rest against on the front part of the seat cusion between where your legs go but i cant find that one right now

google car seat holster and it comes up with alot of options and there all removeable with no permanent holes
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 09-22-2011 at 12:07 PM.
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

I did that orginally. Thats why i was asking the question. Just to see what other people are doing or plan to do.

Velcro....

Already discussed here... starting @ post # 59... then again starting at post # 72...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...equested/page3

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 09-22-2011 at 02:27 PM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Old hard drive magnet.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Just go with the Serpa quick disconnect. You can lock in into your car and then quickly transfer it to your belt/leg/shoulder holster when you leave the car.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SER...le,1239,82.htm

On the first car I did that with, a sports car made for people with dang skinny butts, I mounted a Glock sport holster to the transmission tunnel with some anchors sold by most car companies to hold grocery hooks. Mine were by Subaru and using the screw expanded a bit of rubber tube, to lock into a drilled hole. When I sold the car, I just left the grommets in; they looked like they belonged there.

On the current car, I did the Blackhawk quick-connect system that Interceptor Knight just mentioned; more expensive, but I liked being able to remove the holster for servicing, etc.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 09-22-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Sounds like a decoration that would cause someone to break in to your vehicle and search for the gun. Unless of course it's removable.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CUOfficer View Post
    Sounds like a decoration that would cause someone to break in to your vehicle and search for the gun. Unless of course it's removable.
    All you would see when the vehicle is not occupied is the female (socket) side. Not hardly enough to suggest that a firearm is anywhere near.

http://carseatholster.com/
    http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/Unive...-Mount-p5.html

here are 2 more sites that offer vehicle holsters if anyone i interested they both are great concepts
    SCOTT

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    http://carseatholster.com/
    http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/Unive...-Mount-p5.html

here are 2 more sites that offer vehicle holsters if anyone i interested they both are great concepts
    The concept of mounting a holster on the dash is based on the case law of any firearm not in view (below the window line) from someone standing outside the car, would be considered concealed. (I knoe that you know that)...

The two links in your post, mount the firearm still below the window line. I think these mounts would be excellent for a place to carry in a vehicle, but I am wondering if they would comply with the intended purpose.

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

Outdoorsman1

Come Nov. 1 I'm ready!!

No way I'd use duct tape. I don't want it to get all sticky!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Ok... Flame Suit On....

Posted on another thread in this forumn... Cpoied and pasted here....

Although I have discussed here in the past about mountintg a holster on (top) of the dash, I have made the decision that come Nov. 1, I will be OC'ing loaded and holstered on my hip while in my vehicle. I will abide by the change in 167.31 that specifically allows that type of carry. I have waited long enough to not have to "dance" every time in get in and out of my car, so If I happen to get stopped I will hope the LEO has no knowledge of previous "Case Law" or at least knowledge of the change in the current law that restricts vehicle carry of a "handgun"... If it comes down to being arrested well I guess I will have to be one of the test cases on the legallity of the "Case Law" or the contridiction from one statute to another. I suppose I will have a empty holster ready to stick on top of the dash (Velcro) if nessesary, per LEO recomendation, to avoid arrest. Part of this decison lies in the fact that I personally belive that a holsterd firearm on top of the dashboard in a moving vehicle would draw more attention from unaware LEO, BG's, and the public in general, all of which I choose to avoid by OC'ing on my hip. I know, I know... I OC now and draw attention from the public in general, but I am of the firm belief that a holstered firearm on top of a dash (in traffic) would generate more MWAG calls (Cell Phones) than just open carrying on the hip during my daily routine... not to mention (on the dash) generating "interest" from any BG's that happen to notice while driving next to me....

If this post is ever tried to be used against me in a court of law, I state here and now it is not me typing this....

Outdoorsman1

Edited to add... I guess with getting scriwed over with SB-93 , and now looking like the same with Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground, and a couple of others discussed in this forum.. I am about done...
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 09-29-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Outdoorsman1

Please don't leave Outdoorsman. You are a valued member of the community.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Please don't leave Outdoorsman. You are a valued member of the community.
    My apologies for not being more clear....

Not done here, just done with all the bullpoop from those "in power"....

After Nov. 1, will abide by the new 167.31 as changed.... I have already jumped through enough hoops...

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 09-29-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Outdoorsman1

i was told by the jackson county DA that a firearm in a holster on your hip in a vehicle will not be considered a concealed weapon this is not an attempt to argue it is just passing along info i was given by a very pro gun DA during a firearms training class i was part of
    SCOTT

Quote Originally Posted by markush View Post
    Come Nov. 1 I'm ready!!
    I still think it is a horrible and dangerous idea to mount a pistol to the top of your dash. I would not want a pistol flying around the cockpit in an accident. You guys have deer up here?

Having said that I really like this idea. Because the pistol is loosely secured a driver could simply grab it and remove it right before impact.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by markush View Post
    Come Nov. 1 I'm ready!!

Wow...throw some dollar bills on the dash; and you've got a ready made car-jacking scenario.

Truckers wisdom: Secure your load; before you hit the road...
    Attachment 7003
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Quote Originally Posted by Lurchiron View Post
    Wow...throw some dollar bills on the dash; and you've got a ready made car-jacking scenario.
    Or you are reliving the '80s.

Hey. Flock of Seagulls. Nice haircut.

Last edited by HandyHamlet; 09-29-2011 at 09:58 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Or you are reliving the '80s.

Hey. Flock of Seagulls. Nice haircut.

Reliving the 80's; priceless...Flock of Seagulls, not so much .
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Last edited by HandyHamlet; 09-29-2011 at 10:44 PM.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast