• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mounting holster in vehilce.

Teamtnt2004

Has anyone or is anyone going to mount a holster in their vehicle? I'm looking for any suggestions. Are people making their own or buying a kit? If you have made your own, what did you do?

Interceptor_Knight

Just go with the Serpa quick disconnect. You can lock in into your car and then quickly transfer it to your belt/leg/shoulder holster when you leave the car.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SERPA-Quick-Disconnect-Kit-2-Female1-Male,1239,82.htm

18-1239-IMG1.jpeg

Fallschirjmäger

On the first car I did that with, a sports car made for people with dang skinny butts, I mounted a Glock sport holster to the transmission tunnel with some anchors sold by most car companies to hold grocery hooks. Mine were by Subaru and using the screw expanded a bit of rubber tube, to lock into a drilled hole. When I sold the car, I just left the grommets in; they looked like they belonged there.

On the current car, I did the Blackhawk quick-connect system that Interceptor Knight just mentioned; more expensive, but I liked being able to remove the holster for servicing, etc.

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

http://carseatholster.com/
http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/Universal-Vehicle-Handgun-Holster-Mount-p5.html

here are 2 more sites that offer vehicle holsters if anyone i interested they both are great concepts

The concept of mounting a holster on the dash is based on the case law of any firearm not in view (below the window line) from someone standing outside the car, would be considered concealed. (I knoe that you know that)...

The two links in your post, mount the firearm still below the window line. I think these mounts would be excellent for a place to carry in a vehicle, but I am wondering if they would comply with the intended purpose.

Outdoorsman1

Outdoorsman1

Ok... Flame Suit On....

Posted on another thread in this forumn... Cpoied and pasted here....

Although I have discussed here in the past about mountintg a holster on (top) of the dash, I have made the decision that come Nov. 1, I will be OC'ing loaded and holstered on my hip while in my vehicle. I will abide by the change in 167.31 that specifically allows that type of carry. I have waited long enough to not have to "dance" every time in get in and out of my car, so If I happen to get stopped I will hope the LEO has no knowledge of previous "Case Law" or at least knowledge of the change in the current law that restricts vehicle carry of a "handgun"... If it comes down to being arrested well I guess I will have to be one of the test cases on the legallity of the "Case Law" or the contridiction from one statute to another. I suppose I will have a empty holster ready to stick on top of the dash (Velcro) if nessesary, per LEO recomendation, to avoid arrest. Part of this decison lies in the fact that I personally belive that a holsterd firearm on top of the dashboard in a moving vehicle would draw more attention from unaware LEO, BG's, and the public in general, all of which I choose to avoid by OC'ing on my hip. I know, I know... I OC now and draw attention from the public in general, but I am of the firm belief that a holstered firearm on top of a dash (in traffic) would generate more MWAG calls (Cell Phones) than just open carrying on the hip during my daily routine... not to mention (on the dash) generating "interest" from any BG's that happen to notice while driving next to me....

If this post is ever tried to be used against me in a court of law, I state here and now it is not me typing this....

Outdoorsman1

Edited to add... I guess with getting scriwed over with SB-93 , and now looking like the same with Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground, and a couple of others discussed in this forum.. I am about done...

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

Please don't leave Outdoorsman. You are a valued member of the community.

My apologies for not being more clear....

Not done here, just done with all the bullpoop from those "in power"....

After Nov. 1, will abide by the new 167.31 as changed.... I have already jumped through enough hoops...

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

oliverclotheshoff

i was told by the jackson county DA that a firearm in a holster on your hip in a vehicle will not be considered a concealed weapon this is not an attempt to argue it is just passing along info i was given by a very pro gun DA during a firearms training class i was part of