• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mounting holster in vehilce.

HandyHamlet

Come Nov. 1 I'm ready!!

I still think it is a horrible and dangerous idea to mount a pistol to the top of your dash. I would not want a pistol flying around the cockpit in an accident. You guys have deer up here?

Having said that I really like this idea. Because the pistol is loosely secured a driver could simply grab it and remove it right before impact.

:p

Lurchiron

Come Nov. 1 I'm ready!!

0e94f87c.jpg

e556736b.jpg

Wow...throw some dollar bills on the dash; and you've got a ready made car-jacking scenario.

Truckers wisdom: Secure your load; before you hit the road...
View attachment 7003

HandyHamlet

[video=youtube;0_Pq0xYr3L4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Pq0xYr3L4[/video]

[video=youtube;bHoPYLQvnQM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHoPYLQvnQM[/video]

[video=youtube;lyl5DlrsU90]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyl5DlrsU90[/video]

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Yah, the '80s were a mess.

[video=youtube;bDbpzjbXUZI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDbpzjbXUZI&feature=related[/video]

oak1971

I can't believe people actually think attaching a holster to the dash is a good idea. Talk about redneck engineering.... :banghead:

Outdoorsman1

Copied and pasted from another thread .... here,,,,

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?95452-Nov-1-Open-carry-in-car/page2

Today 11:35 AM #36 Interceptor_Knight
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries Visit Homepage Add as Contact Send Email

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snip....

IMPORTANT NOTE: Persons who do not have a CCW license may still not
carry weapons concealed. In a vehicle this means that the firearm cannot be
hidden or concealed and within reach Reply With Quote Blog this Post .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today 02:10 PM #37 Outdoorsman1
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries Send Email

Snip...

So I guess the "and within reach" thing kinda eliminates the holster on the dash idea..?????

Outdoorsman1 Outdoorsman1 - Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.

"The beauty of the second amendment is you will not need it until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"Cowards die many times before their deaths, The valiant never taste of death but once." - William Shakespeare.

"The only way to defeat brutality is with extreme and greater brutality." - Gabe Suarez

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

So I guess the "and within reach" thing kinda eliminates the holster on the dash idea..?????

You forgot the most important part of all the stuff you quoted.... The AND. Without the AND you are not in violation. You are ignoring the obvious. If it is not hidden AND within reach, it is not concealed. It MAY be within reach so long as it is not hidden. On the dash makes it NOT hidden. If it is NOT hidden, it is not concealed regardless of if it is within your reach.

On the dash is not hidden. You are not in violation of 941.23 if it is not hidden. You are not in violation of 941.23 if it is on the dash in a location which makes it discernible from ordinary observation in the immediate vicinity and outside of the vehicle.

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

You forgot the most important part of all the stuff you quoted.... The AND. Without the AND you are not in violation. You are ignoring the obvious. If it is not hidden AND within reach, it is not concealed. It MAY be within reach so long as it is not hidden. On the dash makes it NOT hidden. If it is NOT hidden, it is not concealed regardless of if it is within your reach.

On the dash is not hidden. You are not in violation of 941.23 if it is not hidden. You are not in violation of 941.23 if it is on the dash in a location which makes it discernible from ordinary observation in the immediate vicinity and outside of the vehicle.

Thank you for explaining that.... I guess what is "obvious" to some is totally confusing to others....

Outdoorsman1

MilProGuy

check this out http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=418197

they also make one that rest against on the front part of the seat cusion between where your legs go but i cant find that one right now

google car seat holster and it comes up with alot of options and there all removeable with no permanent holes

I checked out the three links you provided, and...for my money, I like the one from Sportsmans Guide.

Thank for posting these helpful links.

Zeus

Gonna be making a universal type Kydex seat holster prototype soon that would mount to the seat with a few different fastening methods soon. I will post picks when done in case someone wants to go that route.