Thread: Oklahoma News 9 cites to OpenCarry.org re open carry rights restoration

Super Moderator

Oklahoma News 9 cites to OpenCarry.org re open carry rights restoration

http://www.news9.com/story/15510740/...-carry-of-guns

SNIP

. . .

In a statement to News 9, the governor's office said in part, "Governor Fallin is generally supportive of the concept of open carry."

"When it comes to politicians and the politics of guns in general, I'll never say anything is a sure deal until they sign it," said Miles Hall, owner of H&H Gun Range.

Hall was part of Tuesday's study with lawmakers. He said he prefers concealed carry over open carry, but does not object to the proposal. Those against the idea argue that allowing more gun rights will increase crime, but Isenberg said he doesn't see it that way.

"I think it would stop a whole lot more problems than it would create," Isenberg said.

State Rep. Mark McCullough requested the open-carry study. He was unavailable for comment Tuesday. There is no word on if or when a new bill will be called for votes.

According to OpenCarry.org, Oklahoma is one of seven states where open carry laws are completely restricted or banned.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    ..snipped..

Those against the idea argue that allowing more gun rights will increase crime, ............

According to OpenCarry.org, Oklahoma is one of seven states where open carry laws are completely restricted or banned.
    The first is the same worn out, tired argument, that has been debunked countless times.

As to the 2nd - Oklahoma is one of ONLY seven states where open carry laws are completely restricted or banned.
    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time.

Yata hey

I would like to see them reference one insidence of a crime that was committed by a violent felon that used an OC weapon.

I know there are some dumb felons out there, but it seems to me there arn't any that are stupid enough to OC a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    http://www.news9.com/story/15510740/...-carry-of-guns

SNIP

. . .

In a statement to News 9, the governor's office said in part, "Governor Fallin is generally supportive of the concept of open carry."

"When it comes to politicians and the politics of guns in general, I'll never say anything is a sure deal until they sign it," said Miles Hall, owner of H&H Gun Range.

Hall was part of Tuesday's study with lawmakers. He said he prefers concealed carry over open carry, but does not object to the proposal. Those against the idea argue that allowing more gun rights will increase crime, but Isenberg said he doesn't see it that way.

"I think it would stop a whole lot more problems than it would create," Isenberg said.

State Rep. Mark McCullough requested the open-carry study. He was unavailable for comment Tuesday. There is no word on if or when a new bill will be called for votes.

Is the study finished? If so does anyone know how to get a copy of it?