• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unusual OC Dinner info request

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I volunteered to set up an open-carry (or CC, or No-C) dinner for a group of ladies. We may invite others, but I'm working on getting this group accustomed to carrying, and hopefully to carrying openly.

Looking for a gun-friendly restaurant that has a gluten-free menu. In Northern Virginia, preferably in the Springfield/Ft Belvoir/Alexandria/Arlington areas.

Any good ideas?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
P.F. Changs, Subway, and Panera all have gluten-free options and are all okay with carry.

I have a friend that uses this website, it might be helpful for you.

http://www.gluten.net/find-a-restaurant.aspx

Good luck with any lunches you might have!!!

Thanks. Which PFChangs? I understood them to be anti. If they aren't, it would be a good choice given the diversity of women I expect to attend.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
While I can't seem to locate the thread/post - P. F. Changs has been previously reported as "unfriendly" and with gun buster signs. Has this changed?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Silver diner has some options. Funny how a old time themed diner is cooking healthy.

I think it was User that defined the 3 main food groups as fat, sugar and starch
letseat.gif

Cmdr_Haggis

I think it was User that defined the 3 main food groups as fat, sugar and starch
letseat.gif

With all respect to User I have to add bacon to his list. Given the special yumminess that is bacon, it qualifies as much more than just "fat"! :)

Of the places that I frequent, Panera has a good assortment of choices (including bacon!), they have gluten-free choices, and have never minded in the slightest that I have a firearm.

Uncle Julio's has an Alexandria location. They do not have a gluten-free menu, per se, but fajitas can be requested with no marinade (so I've been told). Corn tortillas instead of flour ones. I've open carried once at the Reston restaurant and our server and the other staff didn't seem to care at all.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Haven't we had some problems with Silver City Diner? At least the one near Short Pump in Richmond?

stay safe.

Silver Diner is off my list anyway. They were one of my favorites until they changed their menu. They ARE carry-friendly, at least everyone I've ever been to is, but not taste-bud friendly to me any more.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
P.F. Changs, Subway, and Panera all have gluten-free options and are all okay with carry.

I have a friend that uses this website, it might be helpful for you.

http://www.gluten.net/find-a-restaurant.aspx

Good luck with any lunches you might have!!!

Oh, good site. I had found another, but I like this one.

Do you know anything about whether Bertucci's is friendly?