• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Support H.R. 822, the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011

92FS

First off there isn't a national standard for drivers licenses. Secondly I don't support a national standard for many reasons. One is that a licence shouldn't be required to exercise a right, but I understand that its going to take time to get back to that. So with a national standard its far harder to change things than to try and fix things at the state level. Another thing is that what is required should be a state thing to determine as the feds have no jurisdiction over it. Third is that if they make a national standard I see that as a fed power grab and I would be scared of what they might try to apply that precedence to in the future.

I'll support the feds in working towards restoring our rights, but I feel a national standard works against that and is too easy to manipulate should an anti-rights party gain enough control. Forcing the recognition of others permits I simply see as forcing the recognition of the full faith and credit clause; something the states were smart enough to recognize with divers licences.
as stated before i misspoke. what i meant to say is it would be like driver licenses. each state has their own test and regulations but all licenses are accepted in other states. have a good day

John Canuck

Sure it would, but the bill has a title, and that's what people are using. Do you think we should rename bills that we don't think are named correctly, use that amongst ourselves, and wonder why nobody knows what we're talking about?

No, but I do think the NRA should stop trying to turn my rights into privileges.

xd shooter

Not on YOUR life... Sorry. I agree with those that say the FEDERAL government need not be involved with this. JUST like the Federal Government is NOT involved with State Driver's Licenses.

I agree that the STATES should come together and reciprocate with all CC licenses, but that's where it ends. The Feds need to leave it alone.

92FS

Not on YOUR life... Sorry. I agree with those that say the FEDERAL government need not be involved with this. JUST like the Federal Government is NOT involved with State Driver's Licenses.

I agree that the STATES should come together and reciprocate with all CC licenses, but that's where it ends. The Feds need to leave it alone.
that is pretty much where it will end. thanks for your opinion

92FS

All you people that are against this.. Will you all use this when it passes? Or will you all follow the old laws and keep your guns at home? I do not understand the logic that this is bad. Im begenning to wonder about the gun community as a whole. I too belive in small government. But you cannot have no government.. When did we ever have that? Never. If we dont stand together on these issues the anti's will run over us.All this is about is for ccw holders to be able to freely travel from state to state. No more no less. No the government is not going to bust in your doors to take your guns. Have they yet? im sure if they wanted to 1. they would have a revolt on their hands. 2. they could find all of you anyways from this website and others like it.They know the 2and amendment gives us power over them. But if we all do not fight for the 2and amendment then that makes it easier for them if they were to try such a thing. United we stand.

John Canuck

wow so are you saying the NRA is out to get us?

No, but you could read what I did say. Surely it does not come as a surprise that the NRA is a supporter of laws permitting those with a permission slip from the government to carry a gun? Naturally the permission slip, in many states, requires a training certificate and one of the accepted forms of training is an NRA course.

Last edited:

tim12232

Will you be able to carry in Illinois?

HAHAHAHAHA......nope! I believe if the state has no conceal carry at all, they wont have the right, same as Hawaii I believe.

I agree with the NRA comment, I appreciate what they do, but I feel they are losing touch with their roots a bit....if you get what Im saying.

Tim

nonameisgood

Sure it would, but the bill has a title, and that's what people are using. Do you think we should rename bills that we don't think are named correctly, use that amongst ourselves, and wonder why nobody knows what we're talking about?

I think you missed the point. How can we have a law permitting us to exercise a right? As a right, it is not something requiring permission. Maybe we should also promote a "right to breathe act"?

I think s/he was simply pointing that out.

JamesB

I think you missed the point. How can we have a law permitting us to exercise a right? As a right, it is not something requiring permission. Maybe we should also promote a "right to breathe act"?

I think s/he was simply pointing that out.

Right to Breathe Act... Isn't that Obamacare?

Daylen

so you do not support a national standard for drivers Licenses? its pretty much the same thing. thanks for checking it out
have a nice day

I don't support a national standard for anything. Things are getting better for carriers without the feds involvement. Lets just keep things going and leave the feds out; they screw up most things in the long run. If congress wants to help Lawful carriers, they can eliminate the GFSZ illegal infringement and prohibition on bearing arms.

Aknazer

wow so are you saying the NRA is out to get us?

To a degree, yes. Just look at how they abandoned OC in Florida this past year. Or how they generally support legislation that requires training; training that very often benefits the NRA. Now they do some good for advancing the 2A, but it generally only promotes the 2A in ways that help their business.

Also asking if people would use this even if they don't support it is stupid because we can see where you're going with it. Do you use what tax breaks you can even if you think the tax code needs to be reworked? How about those of us that got 8k from the government for being a first time homeowner? Do you really think people turned away the money even if they disagreed with it? Or social security? I could keep on going.

And then there's the thing with people being worried about this being a fed power grab and what consequences that can have down the road. To think that people don't want national reciprocity is folly (unless compared to Constititional Carry), the issue is where its coming from and what that can mean down the road.

wrightme

No, but you could read what I did say. Surely it does not come as a surprise that the NRA is a supporter of laws permitting those with a permission slip from the government to carry a gun? Naturally the permission slip, in most states, requires an NRA training certificate.

Really? IN NV it doesn't.

Redbaron007

All you people that are against this.. Will you all use this when it passes? Or will you all follow the old laws and keep your guns at home? I do not understand the logic that this is bad. Im begenning to wonder about the gun community as a whole. I too belive in small government. But you cannot have no government.. When did we ever have that? Never. If we dont stand together on these issues the anti's will run over us.All this is about is for ccw holders to be able to freely travel from state to state. No more no less. No the government is not going to bust in your doors to take your guns. Have they yet? im sure if they wanted to 1. they would have a revolt on their hands. 2. they could find all of you anyways from this website and others like it.They know the 2and amendment gives us power over them. But if we all do not fight for the 2and amendment then that makes it easier for them if they were to try such a thing. United we stand.

I prefer the states to work this out; i.e. just like the driver's license reciprocity. There are only handful of states that don't honor mine. The feds don't need to be involved in this.