• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good oc experience today

SigGuy23

Activist Member
So I went to run some errands today. As usual I was OCing. I went to Subway for lunch. Sat down and ate my food there. As I was getting ready to leave, one of the employees made a comment about me carrying. He said " I don't know how you do it man. I would be to tempted to just fire off a couple rounds here and there when no one is round." I told him well it's a good thing you don't carry. This is why I also go to the Range quite often. He said "yeah that's good." Then a costumer came up and asked me about OC/CC Laws in WA. I told him the basics. He said "Thanks for the info. I did not know that before." I told him he was welcome and to have a nice day. Then I left.

Went to Petsmart next to get dog/cat food and cat litter. No weird looks or issues at all.

Last edited:

Lovenox

So I went to run some errands today. As usual I was OCing. I went to Subway for lunch. Sat down and ate my food there. As I was getting ready to leave, one of the employees made a comment about me carrying. He said " I don't know how you do it man. I would be to tempted to just fire off a couple rounds here and there when no one is round." I told him well it's a good thing you don't carry. This is why I also go to the Range quite often. He said "yeah that's good." Then a costumer came up and asked me about OC/CC Laws in WA. I told him the basics. He said "Thanks for the info. I did not know that before." I told him he was welcome and to have a nice day. Then I left.

Went to Petsmart next to get dog/cat food and cat litter. No weird looks or issues at all.

Awesome...just becoming more and more routine. Pretty soon we aren't going to have much to talk about..lol

Wolfebane

That as I see it is the problem.

People either have no experience around guns and are therefore afraid of the unknown, and freak upon seeing a law abiding citizen protecting themselves and those around them.

Or you go to the other extreme with the "console kiddie generation" who have so little respect for the seriousness of weapons that they make stupid comments like that. Obviously he has no idea of sound, because you know...it travels, and to find an area with "no-one around," given that sound travels, would be nigh impossible in most areas.

It's comments like the one the employee made that concern me a lot when I OC. I'm worried that some tool will make some snarky comment like that and some anti will hear it and attribute it to me and call the police with "hes got a gun and talking about shooting everyone"

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Wolfebane
That as I see it is the problem.

People either have no experience around guns and are therefore afraid of the unknown, and freak upon seeing a law abiding citizen protecting themselves and those around them.

Or you go to the other extreme with the "console kiddie generation" who have so little respect for the seriousness of weapons that they make stupid comments like that. Obviously he has no idea of sound, because you know...it travels, and to find an area with "no-one around," given that sound travels, would be nigh impossible in most areas.

It's comments like the one the employee made that concern me a lot when I OC. I'm worried that some tool will make some snarky comment like that and some anti will hear it and attribute it to me and call the police with "hes got a gun and talking about shooting everyone"

Totally agree with you on this one. That's why I tried to leave Right after he said that.