Thread: Ask Trooper Rob

Thumbs up Ask Trooper Rob

This was posted on mcrgo.org web site, thought some would find it interesting

http://www.sentinel-standard.com/fea...pen-carry-laws

If there is an open carry of a firearm, remember the public’s concern. Many people may not be aware that it is legal and could cause panic. This could lead to a heightened police response to a situation that could be very dangerous.

Use common sense and obey the law when it comes to this right of carrying a pistol.
    That doesn't happen very much anymore!

I wonder if he concerns himself with public fright before he steps out of the office OCing his handgun. We could become like Britain and take the guns away from cops too!
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Concerning open carry, you will not find a law that states it is legal to openly carry a firearm. It is legal because there is no Michigan law that prohibits it.
    ORLY?

If you don't have a Concealed Pistol License, how else are you supposed to carry a firearm?

28.422 License to purchase, carry, possess, or transport pistol; issuance; qualifications; applications; sale of pistol; exemptions; nonresidents; basic pistol safety brochure; forging application; implementation during business hours.

Last edited by fozzy71; 09-23-2011 at 09:21 AM.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Perhaps the nice officer can cite one instance where OC-ing caused a panic. Oh wait, it causes panic among certain groups of heavily armed LEOs, but other than that, no one panics, that I'm aware.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    He is his contact info: Contact him. It's his personal email and not his state of Michigan work email.
    Trooper Rob Herbstreith, Michigan State Police, Niles Post, is a Community Service Trooper available to answer readersí questions. Email him at TrooperRob53@yahoo.com
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

According to the State of Michigan Employee contact website

His work contact is as follow:
    HerbstreR@Michigan.gov
    (No phone listed)
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.