• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Budget cuts could mean more early releases, closed prisons

Dave Workman

Dept. of Irony: Budget axe gets honed as Obama comes to town

Critics of Barack Obama have been joking lately that every time the President speaks the stock market takes a nosedive, so it is with no small amount of irony that headlines in both the Seattle Times and on-line Seattle Post-Intelligencer are talking about $2 billion more in budget cuts looming, just as Obama heads for Seattle Sunday for some fund-raisers.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...-budget-axe-gets-honed-as-obama-comes-to-town

CEM

That's why I'm stocking up on a few extra guns, ammo and food. I've been seeing more criminals getting huge breaks then ever before. I hear them talking about how easy crime is in WA. It's a main reason we get so many on parole come here from states likes TX.

amlevin

Wonder if they'll start by first releasing those serving out sentences for drug USE?

More likely they'll just release the "non-violent" criminals. You know, the ones that only break into cars and houses stealing radios, tv's computers, etc.

If there is any wholesale release of prisoners expect to read about a few ending up in the Coroner's office. Wonder if they'll have funds available for processing them then?