• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mugging in Reno, NV

wdr89523

I've seen this too many times in Reno, NV. This article is just one of many incidents reported of muggings occurring every week in this city. I OC to protect myself, and my family from this crap. I really doubt if I was walking down this street, OCing, and these guys saw me. They wouldn't even consider doing this to me. Here's the article from RGJ in Reno, NV.

"A person walking along West Street on Thursday evening was attacked and battered by two men, Reno police reported.

The victim, who was not identified, was treated at Renown Regional Medical Center.

The suspects took several items from the victim and fled on foot eastbound through an alleyway, police said.

The crime occurred about 6 p.m. as the victim was walking in the 300 block of West.

The first suspect is described by police as about 25, 5 feet 7 inches, Hispanic, having a heavy build and short/shaved hair. He wore a white T-shirt and a black baseball hat.

The second suspect was described by police as about 30-35, 5 feet 11 inches, black, having a medium build, short/shaved hair and wearing a green shirt and blue jeans.

The crime is being investigated as a strong-arm robbery."