• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Walmart on PIB near Chamblee

PX4Storm40

So, I just took lunch here at work, and stopped in the Walmart in the Chamblee area, on PIB. Stopped in with the wife, and my PC4 on my side. Once again, it went well. The greeter immediately noticed but said not a word. I proceeded to the sporting department to see if they carried the Serpa holster I was looking for. They didn't. :( I asked the guy behind the counter where their holsters were. He didn't know what I was talking about, so I pointed to my holster on my side and then he understood and told me they didn't carry any. At that point, I left the sporting area and found my wife walking towards me. We proceeded to the Subway in the front of the store, ordered lunch, sat down and ate. Still, no one said a word to me about it. It was nice. I felt quite comfortable. Then my wife tells me there were a couple employees keeping tabs on me as I was in the sporting department. I had noticed one that seemed to be following me, but that was about it. She said she could hear them talking on their radios about a MWAG. But, no one said or did anything, so I was quite pleased with my second OC experience! I look forward to many more!

DougGa

Funny, I've carried in the one in Alpharetta Windward, Conyers, Lawrenceville/Snellville and Covington and they all have holsters, granted all the lower price nylon kind but their next to the air gun stuff here, and the ammo cab. in any case I mainly carry there because I try to carry everywhere to be consistent. Why carry if you only do so when you have a feeling there could be a need, when we all know crime hits at the unexpected times. And the fact out here the Walmart is looking so trashy and hoody after a certain hour you might actually want to carry when leaving. I don't think I'm overly paranoid but things here are no where near as clean, friendly and safe anymore. Lots of people walking around with their arse on their shoulders. At least out here. Friend works at DAs office here and says it is indeed getting bad.

Carried in a gun store today with my LCR showing on side holster, owner looked at me funny and not all that friendly either but he let it slide.

I'm not all that eager to flaunt mine but I don't hide them either. I'm just a little worried about causing a scene but I'm closely watching all the examples of others open carrying. I guess I stop a little short of the folks you see on youtube wearing open carry around cops and fishing for trouble with their Iphones recording. Anyway glad to hear this worked out. Encouraging.

PX4Storm40

I've been Oc'ing everywhere for a couple weeks now. I have yet been asked to leave a place because of it and I haven't had any negative comments made too me or within ear-shot range. I don't wear mine to "flaunt" it, I wear it so I know I'm safer and my family's safer, no matter where we go. I did go to a Paulding County Officer appreciation festival this past weekend, where I did not wear it. But I have faithfully worn it everywhere, everyday, that I'm legally allowed to, since I started OC'ing daily. I don't flagrantly OC to where the cops are hanging out and have my phone ready to record. That's just dumbassness!

Like this young shmuck here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?95478-Opened-Carry-ak47-in-Wal-Mart

But back to the point, I was worried about causing a scene when I first started Oc'ing, but what I've come to realize is that......most people don't even notice you have a gun on your hip. And if they do, you catch them looking a couple times, but they don't say much. I think most of them choose to keep their opinions to themselves. Which is probably better anyways because when I'm out with my family, I don't want someone bothering me about anything that's not their business, especially me OC'ing.You should be encouraged by most of what you read on these forums. There are some situations that have happened out there, but for the most part, a lot of folks have very good non-encounter's with LEO's and other folks. So, keep building up your courage and make a habit of it. I have. And I still get nervous for the next time I have an LEO encounter or another encounter. I plan to stand my ground on my rights. If you don't exercise it, you'll lose it! Good luck!