• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm the new guy.

Jerry2197

Hi My name is Jerry im new to this forum, but not new to guns. I live in Southbay (Chula vista Ca). I have not seen any one OC down here ever.
I have seen some OC er's in PB. I will start to OC around my part of town maybe the start of the new year. Im here to Learn as much as I can from all of your stories and encounters with LEO's.

Is there any one around my neck of the woods that open carry's?

Jerry

jnojr

Hi My name is Jerry im new to this forum, but not new to guns. I live in Southbay (Chula vista Ca). I have not seen any one OC down here ever.
I have seen some OC er's in PB. I will start to OC around my part of town maybe the start of the new year. Im here to Learn as much as I can from all of your stories and encounters with LEO's.

Hi Jerry. I'm formerly of Mission Valley, now the United States :D

AB144, a bill to ban UOC, is on Gov. Brown's desk. I'm sure there is going to be a thread with info to call and urge him to veto it. But, if he does sign it, there's a decent chance it could lead to CCW issuance reform for CA... two current lawsuits over CCW died when judges said, "Oh, but you can carry an unloaded gun openly and load it if you need to, so you don't need CCW!" If UOC is banned, that argument dies, and even if the judges still say no to shall-issue, it'll go up through the courts and probably wind up invalidating 12050

Firemark

Jerry

Hey Jerry Im having a gathering at La Mesa Oktoberfest. check out the string on it. next san diego OC meet.