• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

9/24 Open Carry - Cranberry Festival

Mlutz

I've only missed three cranfests in my 24 years. This year will be three anyway. If I "were" to carry at cranfest, it would be cc. (When it becomes legal.) Oc... Active Retention holster, for sure. Either way, have fun, and of course, dont forget the school zones, if there even have them in Warrens...

XD40-OD

Campaign Veteran
If anyone want's to meet up, msg me on here with your number.

The woman and I should be there from about 11-3

littlewolf

After walking amongst zombies for a couple of hours at the Warrens cranberry fest with my wife and trusty 1911, the wife said imagine that no one was shot or threatened by you carrying your gun, what the hell are people worried about anyway?
XD 40 OD sorry we did not hook up, maybe some other event. Most likely will not go to this one any more, walmart is cheaper !

XD40-OD

Campaign Veteran
What a shat show that was.

a town of 350, with 20,000 tourists stuffing their faces. All while knock off coach and prada bags and shoes are being sold by chinese folk, and Wisconsin cheese curds are being sold by a vendor from chicago.

I picked up some WI bison jerky, and supported the Warren volunteer fire department by having a miller light.

The only real good thing about going to that mad house, was finding a nice place to have my wedding reception.

Shame I couldn't meet up with Wolf, but the place was a zoo, and that put me in a bad mood anyways.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
I was there but did not carry. With the elementary school right down-town back off of Main & Church streets it would disqualify about 1/3 of the booths.

As far as what they were selling, I bought some garlic seasoning and a tool for working on a chainsaw. I go there just to get away from the Oktoberfest rat race and see if there are any "neat" new things I hadn't seen before.

Sorry I didn't see this thread when I was there, I would have enjoyed hooking up as well.

May just stay home and skip both festivals next year.

Carry On