• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Car Show Oct.8th 2011, Santee Town Center

Firemark

There is a good chance I can not make this event but im posting it anyways as it is a great OC spot and has been used many times before.

Car show web site

People have met at Oggi's restaurant before OC'ing 12 noon meet time.

RSVP if you are going.

Jerry2197

I'll go to this.

My 2 year old son loves cars. And it will be nice to see some people open carry, maybe my wife will be more comfortable when I start to open carry if she see's other's doing it. Maybe I'll enter my Subaru just for fun. :banana:

Firemark

I set aside time for this I will be there.

Great area to OC, especially any first timers! Deputies have been trained right in this area. And the whole area is clear of GFSZ's

Also, if you have been lurking for awhile on this forum and just havent got the nerve to go OC yet, You dont have to carry first time, if you want to come out and meet people and wade in the water so to speak, you will be welcomed, this isnt some special clique.

Oggi's at Noon.

Firemark

Apologies everyone I got home this morning and discovered I cant get out of other commitments so I can not be there. Have fun be safe.

Joshua Costa

Activist Member
I ended up getting there about 1:00, walked around the car show for awhile but I did not see any of you guys there.
I got an E-check from the same sheriff that checked me last time. I was waiting in line to get my daughter some shaved ice. I told him to wait until I was done ordering. After I got the cup of ice, we went around to the back of the ice truck and he did the check on me.
It was pretty quick and my daughter got a junior deputy sticker out of the whole process. The deputy referenced the last check he did on me so hopefully in the future he wont have to keep checking a citizen who he knows carries within the law. :)