• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First leo encounter while oc

Overtaker

The local Regal theater here has a small sign in the right side window of the 4-cashier box office. You'll only see it if you visit the right-most cashier.

It's like they're trying to have their cake and eat it too. Most won't ever see the sign, but if they don't like SigGuy23 when he walks in they can point to the sign.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I wonder what would have happened if you refused the LEOs request to lock your gun in the car and continued to watch the movie?

I have no idea, but I wasn't willing to find out. Most likely have been arrested or charge with trespassing.

Lovenox

Respectfully, I think both sides have legitimate arguments on the issue. Personally, I will not go looking for a sign. If they feel the issue is that important to them the proprietors should make the sign as conspicuous of possible, perferrably on the front door with large print. However, by the same token if I see the sign , no matter how small, I will exit the location and shop my money elsewhere. The sign might not be state law, but it is there wish that you not bring them onto the property.

Lovenox

"Since they sold you a ticket while you were carrying your gun, you could certainly believe the owner of the premises licensed you to enter and remain on the premises."

Would that include CC? I can see your point when it concerns OC.

MR Redenck

For $10.50 per ticket I'd rather rent a DVD, watch it at home. For that kind of money I could even upgrade to a massive home theater setup and afford the payments from the $15/movie I'd save.

Open Carry? No problem!

No Cell Phones

No "Yakking"

No spilled pop on the floor or seat

and best of all---

If I want to make out with my wife I can hit the pause button;);):)

This event does point out the advantage of OC'ing in a conservative manner. A non-flashy firearm in a holster that blends in with the attire can in many cases be just about invisible to most. If they didn't notice it, you wouldn't have been asked to take it outside. Just a thought.

PS: Beverage choices are unlimited and snacks like popcorn don't cost 3-4 times the price of a gallon of gas.

Yea, what he said!!

amzbrady

Was she working for the theatre? Was she acting of her own accord, how do you know the manager actually wanted you to leave?

Because the manager Was at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me to come out and was following me alongside the LEO threw the lobby. The LEO was not there when I first came into the building.

So if I see a theatre manager at the bottom of stairs and get asked by leo to leave, I will automatically know that the manager wanted me to leave, not that maybe as a manager he is watching the leo respond to a 911 MWAG call from another viewer.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. That saves alot more time than actually finding out all the facts by asking. Assuming works so well.

Last edited:

tombrewster421

For $10.50 per ticket I'd rather rent a DVD, watch it at home. For that kind of money I could even upgrade to a massive home theater setup and afford the payments from the $15/movie I'd save.

Open Carry? No problem!

No Cell Phones

No "Yakking"

No spilled pop on the floor or seat

and best of all---

If I want to make out with my wife I can hit the pause button;);):)

This event does point out the advantage of OC'ing in a conservative manner. A non-flashy firearm in a holster that blends in with the attire can in many cases be just about invisible to most. If they didn't notice it, you wouldn't have been asked to take it outside. Just a thought.

PS: Beverage choices are unlimited and snacks like popcorn don't cost 3-4 times the price of a gallon of gas.

If you're OC and nobody is around to see it, are you really OC? :)

Last edited: