• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An evil governmental agency runs amuck... again

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I have been saying and writing for years through other venues that most of the "laws" and restrictions that affect us on a day-to-day basis are the result of acts and agency. Here is a perfect example of this evil activity.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=348077

One has to wonder what the bastard EPA would do if a bunch of good ole boys, deputized by their county sheriff had met the EPA '---holes' and told them; "Not today, not tomorrow, not ever."

During the Clinton administration the EPA, under the tutelage of Carol Browner ran nearly out of control. They wanted to ban smoking in you own home if there were children under a certain age present or if your home was within a certain distance of another home, where both of those homes had windows opposite one another. They also wanted to have auto manufacturers guarantee that their vehicles would be emissions compliant for 100,000 miles. Of course this is impossible since once a vehicle is sold, neither the manufacturer nor the dealer has any control over what the owner does with it. Their suggestion? Put a locking system on the hood so that only dealers and authorized shops could open the hood to get to the engine (my oldest cousin, a mechanic, warned me of this in 1965).

There are many other horror stories of EPA intrusions and the human disasters they have caused. I find it absolutely infuriating that these animals can get away with almost anything and I would just love to see a state stand up to them and say; "Get the hell out of here. You don't belong among decent folk".

Sorry for the venting people. It's just that I really hate to see our employees trampling on us. It's time we fired the lot of them for our own peace of mind.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I agree SouthernBoy.
Just dealt with Whatcom County and their you can't move any soil after OCT. 1st rule. I asked him if it was Oct. 1st yet?
"Uh no",
"So I am paying you to drive around enforcing a ridiculous rule that isn't in effect yet?"
"Uh that's your opinion"
"And yet I have to abide by your unproved unfounded opinion that a little exposed dirt is going to ruin the environment?"
"I'll check back with the owner" (and he leaves)

:banghead::banghead:

What would they do if folks simply banded together and said leave?

SouthernBoy

There was a case in, I believe, Anchorage, AK with their public water system during the Clinton administration. Seems the EPA showed up and wanted to see documentation where the local public water supply had been "properly treated" with chemicals and could show where various pollutants had been found and removed.

(please bear with me on this because I am doing this one from memory)

Well, Anchorage's water supply was pure as it was and, of course, had not been so treated which was in violation of the lauded EPA's requirements. This put Anchorage in jeopardy of fines and all manner of terrible transgressions by the EPA. So they had an idea.

They went to a fishery and loaded up tons of foul smelling fish offal and dumped into their reservoir... so they could then deposit the "necessary" chemicals and remove the contaminants, thereby making their water supply compliant with the idiot EPA pencil pushers. Now I ask you folks. How in God's name do these excuses for public servants go home and sleep at night, knowing they have managed to be about as close as an invading army to their fellow Americans?

Whenever the government tells you it is here to help, you must ask these two questions;

How much is it going to cost?
What am I going to lose?

Last edited:

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
An another EPA ruling...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...alers-over-environmental-concerns_594113.html

Now the EPA is seeking to ban the use of over-the-counter emergency rescue inhalers that asthmatics depend on because their use may harm the atmosphere! This is just pure INSANITY. Their suggestion is that asthmatics can buy prescription inhalers (after spending the money to visit the doctor to get the prescription) while acknowledging that the prescription inhalers will cost 2 to 3 times as much...

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
The case in the OP is obviously an EPA outrage.

However, the only way EPA gets away with this garbage is the complicity of the courts.

Judge Andrew Napolitano has two books out on outrages against the constitution. In one of them he tells the story of a fella on the coast of South Carolina or similar who buys property at large money in order to build a small resort. Along comes the fedgov declaring the property wetlands after the purchase. No development allowed.

SCOTUS (I think Scalia may have written the opinion) ruled that since the government did not render the land completely unuseable to him, the government has to pay nothing under the takings clause. Thus, he was stuck with a property he could only sell for pennies, losing over a million. No partial reimbursement for the partial value (98%?) that he lost.

Remember Mrs. Kelo of Kelo v New Haven? Where SCOTUS said public use doesn't really mean public use. It means public benefit, as in government seizing private property and turning it over to a big business. Pfizer or Lilly never built on the property that was seized from the homeowners.

So, these outrageously abusive eminent domain and property use regulations are already solidified in law. Setting aside new wrinkles EPA might be trying to squeeze through, EPA is only doing what it is already approved by the courts. Its not just EPA that is completely out of control and despotic. EPA's co-conspirators are the courts who lie to us about being protectors of our rights and the constitution.

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

The case in the OP is obviously an EPA outrage.

However, the only way EPA gets away with this garbage is the complicity of the courts.

Judge Andrew Napolitano has two books out on outrages against the constitution. In one of them he tells the story of a fella on the coast of South Carolina or similar who buys property at large money in order to build a small resort. Along comes the fedgov declaring the property wetlands after the purchase. No development allowed.

SCOTUS (I think Scalia may have written the opinion) ruled that since the government did not render the land completely unuseable to him, the government has to pay nothing under the takings clause. Thus, he was stuck with a property he could only sell for pennies, losing over a million. No partial reimbursement for the partial value (98%?) that he lost.

Remember Mrs. Kelo of Kelo v New Haven? Where SCOTUS said public use doesn't really mean public use. It means public benefit, as in government seizing private property and turning it over to a big business. Pfizer or Lilly never built on the property that was seized from the homeowners.

So, these outrageously abusive eminent domain and property use regulations are already solidified in law. Setting aside new wrinkles EPA might be trying to squeeze through, EPA is only doing what it is already approved by the courts. Its not just EPA that is completely out of control and despotic. EPA's co-conspirators are the courts who lie to us about being protectors of our rights and the constitution.

You're right and the case in South Carolina, if memory serves me, was on the Isle of Palms which is a very desirable location in Charleston. The New Haven case is more recent and was absolutely appalling to me that this sitting court could arrive at such a decision (didn't Thomas write the dissent?).

I would love to see some local sheriffs deputize entire groups of armed residents and for them all to tell the feds to go straight to hell when things like this take place. This is all evidence that governments are inherently evil and that they know but one thing and that is to grow, and to swallow up the governed. Only the threat of force of arms (Patrick Henry) can ultimately hold them at bay.

Please folks, you'll have have to excuse me because abuse like this really does get my dander up.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

You're right and the case in South Carolina, if memory serves me, was on the Isle of Palms which is a very desirable location in Charleston. The New Haven case is more recent and was absolutely appalling to me that this sitting court could arrive at such a decision (didn't Thomas write the dissent?).

I would love to see some local sheriffs deputize entire groups of armed residents and for them all to tell the feds to go straight to hell when things like this take place. This is all evidence that governments are inherently evil and that they know but one thing and that is to grow, and to swallow up the governed. Only the threat of force of arms (Patrick Henry) can ultimately hold them at bay.

Please folks, you'll have have to excuse me because abused like this really does get my dander up.

I'd love to see sheriffs do that too. I think if we had more like Sheriff Mack that might be possible. Unfortunately I find that many local sheriffs are all too complicit in working for the state and not the people who elected them.

It really gets me angry too. GP (Georgia Pacific) had water front land with a paper plant here in Bellingham, Bellingham used environmental reasons to degrade the land so that they can pick it up cheap and build ports and a new water front. (Which they now have not done and been arguing over for years)

And they do have a standing army, when even DOE has their own armed unit.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Taxation without representation.

I came across some interesting history on this phrase. If I remember where I read it, I'll come back and post a cite.

The history on this goes way, way back.

Parliament came along in the 1100 or 1200s, growing out of an advisory council to the king.

The king had to pay for everything out of the income of his estates. I have the idea that he was expected to pay the expenses of government from the profit of his estates, including upkeep on his castle(s), the royal court, etc.

At some point, perhaps Magna Carta, it became established, although perhaps only as an ideal, that no Englishman could be taxed without his consent. Thus, if the king wanted more money than provided by his estates, for example to go to war or build ships, he had to get the consent of the Englishmen who were to be taxed. Of course, the consent was the consent implied in the approval of the representatives of the tax-ees, Parliament being the representatives.

So, when the colonists raised the complaint about taxation without representation, the underlying principle was that no Englishman could be taxed by the king without his consent.

Another angle on this is that the pre-revolution colonists were Englishmen demanding the rights of Englishman.

And, here we have an example of a government activity working on the principle of consent (so-called) of the governed. It occurs to me this probably pre-dated John Locke by several centuries.

Last edited:

Tony4310

Many Sheriffs are too political or too worried about losing federal money so they sit back and turn a blind eye.

DangerClose

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...alers-over-environmental-concerns_594113.html

Now the EPA is seeking to ban the use of over-the-counter emergency rescue inhalers that asthmatics depend on because their use may harm the atmosphere! This is just pure INSANITY. Their suggestion is that asthmatics can buy prescription inhalers (after spending the money to visit the doctor to get the prescription) while acknowledging that the prescription inhalers will cost 2 to 3 times as much...

My apologies to the EPA for polluting the environment while trying to breathe.

re: sheriffs. I'd have to look it up, but there's a 3-part video of a sheriff in I think Arizona whose citizens had some federal agency try to take their cows away or something in order to grab the land for its water. Something like that. The agency guy mentioned sending a SWAT team there. The sheriff said if you send a SWAT team, they'll be met by my SWAT team. You tell 'em, sheriff!

SouthernBoy

My apologies to the EPA for polluting the environment while trying to breathe.

re: sheriffs. I'd have to look it up, but there's a 3-part video of a sheriff in I think Arizona whose citizens had some federal agency try to take their cows away or something in order to grab the land for its water. Something like that. The agency guy mentioned sending a SWAT team there. The sheriff said if you send a SWAT team, they'll be met by my SWAT team. You tell 'em, sheriff!

If I'm not mistaken, and I most assuredly welcome corrections, sheriffs' power exceeds that of all other state and federal policing forces. This is because they are voted into office and are therefore answerable to the people, not a mayor who may have appointed them (re: police chiefs).

since9

Campaign Veteran
Now the EPA is seeking to ban the use of over-the-counter emergency rescue inhalers that asthmatics depend on because their use may harm the atmosphere! This is just pure INSANITY.

I can't help but wonder how many of those EPA testers over the years were testing substances on themselves before becoming EPA administrators.

SouthernBoy

I can imagine what happens with agencies like the EPA. You get a bunch of air-headed know-it-alls in a room around a large desk, coming up with "ideas" about how the environment might be improved. Each one trying to outdo the other with something profound, almost a self-perceived epiphany if you will, and hoping their previously never imagined concept is accepted and becomes a new regulation.

I once saw a Volvo with an 8"x11" piece of printer paper taped to the inside of the rear window saying, "This vehicle emits the following pollutants" (or something to that effect), then proceeded with list of exhaust contaminants. I immediately got the feeling that this was some idiot who believed that now that he had admitted and listed these things, he was off the hook because he was all-knowing and wise and had therefore risen above the "masses" by virtue of his typed list.

Let's face it. They really believe they know better than us. They know what's best for us whether or not we are willing to go along with their ideas, regulations, and plans. They honestly feel that if we just listen to them and subscribe to their programs and philosophy, we'll all be better off. It's just another name for control in the end.

Lurchiron

I can imagine what happens with agencies like the EPA. You get a bunch of air-headed know-it-alls in a room around a large desk, coming up with "ideas" about how the environment might be improved. Each one trying to outdo the other with something profound, almost a self-perceived epiphany if you will, and hoping their previously never imagined concept is accepted and becomes a new regulation.

I once saw a Volvo with an 8"x11" piece of printer paper taped to the inside of the rear window saying, "This vehicle emits the following pollutants" (or something to that effect), then proceeded with list of exhaust contaminants. I immediately got the feeling that this was some idiot who believed that now that he had admitted and listed these things, he was off the hook because he was all-knowing and wise and had therefore risen above the "masses" by virtue of his typed list.

Let's face it. They really believe they know better than us. They know what's best for us whether or not we are willing to go along with their ideas, regulations, and plans. They honestly feel that if we just listen to them and subscribe to their programs and philosophy, we'll all be better off. It's just another name for control in the end.

Agreed...What keeps me calm is knowing that Thinkin' ain't Fightin' nor Huntin'.

"That's a nice menu you thought-up there egghead; but can ya gut the deer???"
View attachment 7005:cool: A country boy can survive...