Thread: firearm rights groups

firearm rights groups

i will be in Abingdon, VA next week and we get people from TN. what are some of the gun advocacy groups, that are active in TN. i would like to contact them to see if they want me to hand out something on their behalf
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Tennessee Firearms Association is the only one I'm aware of. I have mixed feeling about them. They are no VCDL, but they aren't the NRA, either.

Yep, the TFA http://www.tfaonline.org/ is the only one I know of.
    Last edited by Fallguy; 09-25-2011 at 10:47 AM.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sounds like you guys need a TCDL? It only takes a few people and some dedication to get the ball rolling.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 09-25-2011 at 05:25 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Sounds like you guys need a TCDL? It only takes a few people and some dedication to get the ball rolling.
    I'm not sure if we need one or not. The TFA seems to do what the VCDL does, only more timidly. I'd like to see the TFA get some balls before I give them any money.

Quote Originally Posted by WCrawford View Post
    I'm not sure if we need one or not. The TFA seems to do what the VCDL does, only more timidly. I'd like to see the TFA get some balls before I give them any money.
    How do they get their leadership? Is it time for a more aggressive leadership who will to take it to the mat? One thing I love about VCDL is that they work quietly in the background, but when push comes to shove the bulldog comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by WCrawford View Post
    well WCRAWFORD, maybe that is what they need is your balls in the trenches.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

just went to the TFA site. they do seem to follow the NRA blue print. didn't get the feeling they care much for carry. but, then the TN constitution doesn't leave much room in that area.
    was a little confused on their law review. there were things in there that had nothing to do with RKBA

BIGSID, the VCDL has set the bar pretty high.

hey if you wont a big laugh or a horror. check out this web site

http://www.gunfreediningtennessee.org/
    Last edited by papa bear; 09-26-2011 at 10:57 AM.

- unknown

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    just went to the TFA site. they do seem to follow the NRA blue print. didn't get the feeling they care much for carry. but, then the TN constitution doesn't leave much room in that area.
    was a little confused on their law review. there were things in there that had nothing to do with RKBA

Hey, that site is pretty cool. I can't believe they made a site that tells us where to NOT go while in Tennessee. I am sure all of the criminals check that site so they know where to go...

well WCRAWFORD, maybe that is what they need is your balls in the trenches.
    I'm not sure that I'd make any friends with my balls. On subjects that I am passionate about, I've overly aggressive, insulting to those in authority, and foul mouthed with a bad temper. That could be the reason that I've been banned from 3 gun forums (Firearms Talk, Tennessee Gun Owners, and GlockTalk), but then again I could be banned because I like the rules here: Back up your statements of law with cites.

But I'm in the trenches, subtly. I open carry everywhere. Even at my brand new dentist (Dr. Thomas Nabors, in Nashville) I saw yesterday. Nice guy, and a gun owner/carrier. He didn't bat an eye at my OCd handgun.

i hear ya WC. i am polite and general respectful of everyone i meet. but i do get my err up with authority. especially the people that think they are some privileged character, that think they are the it. i have gladly paid the price for that attitude, more than once.

one of my philosophies in life is " you 'll regret the things you don't do more than the things you do"

i have been trying to get on TFA's board, but can't seem to get it to work. i have never seen an organization that only gave snail mail as a way to get in touch. it may be to late but if anyone has a way to get in touch with someone from that group. i would like to talk to them

- unknown

i have been trying to get on TFA's board, but can't seem to get it to work.

"Work"?
    http://www.tfaonline.org/forum/index.php

i have never seen an organization that only gave snail mail as a way to get in touch. it may be to late but if anyone has a way to get in touch with someone from that group. i would like to talk to them

Director, John Harris: johnharris AT tennesseefirearms DOT com
    Vice Pres, Membership, Lisa Guthrie: lisaguthrie AT tennesseefirearms DOT com

- OS
    Last edited by Oh Shoot; 10-01-2011 at 01:06 AM. Reason: forgot to spamproof the addies

Thanks OS, i have sent them an email and added them to my contacts

- unknown

No, that's definitely more horror than humor. One upside to this is that I can now start filling out the friendorfoe.us site for my area-which last time I checked has nothing on it.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

did have quite a few folks from TN. at the Abbingdon, VA show this weekend. pretty much none of them knew there was a state organization fighting for their rights. of course that is nothing unusual, there are a lot of people that has not heard of VCDL either.

a lot of people do compare these groups with the NRA, and i have to say that their experience has left a lot of bad feelings (weather right or wrong) in people when it comes to supporting RTKBA groups.
    i do try to explain that it is important to have groups at state level, because that is where we live.

of course if you trust your politicians, then you shouldn't join any of them

- unknown