• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

firearm rights groups

papa bear

i will be in Abingdon, VA next week and we get people from TN. what are some of the gun advocacy groups, that are active in TN. i would like to contact them to see if they want me to hand out something on their behalf

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Sounds like you guys need a TCDL? It only takes a few people and some dedication to get the ball rolling.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I'm not sure if we need one or not. The TFA seems to do what the VCDL does, only more timidly. I'd like to see the TFA get some balls before I give them any money.

How do they get their leadership? Is it time for a more aggressive leadership who will to take it to the mat? One thing I love about VCDL is that they work quietly in the background, but when push comes to shove the bulldog comes out.

papa bear

I'm not sure if we need one or not. The TFA seems to do what the VCDL does, only more timidly. I'd like to see the TFA get some balls before I give them any money.

well WCRAWFORD, maybe that is what they need is your balls in the trenches. :D

papa bear

just went to the TFA site. they do seem to follow the NRA blue print. didn't get the feeling they care much for carry. but, then the TN constitution doesn't leave much room in that area.
was a little confused on their law review. there were things in there that had nothing to do with RKBA

BIGSID, the VCDL has set the bar pretty high.

hey if you wont a big laugh or a horror. check out this web site

http://www.gunfreediningtennessee.org/

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
just went to the TFA site. they do seem to follow the NRA blue print. didn't get the feeling they care much for carry. but, then the TN constitution doesn't leave much room in that area.
was a little confused on their law review. there were things in there that had nothing to do with RKBA

Hey, that site is pretty cool. I can't believe they made a site that tells us where to NOT go while in Tennessee. I am sure all of the criminals check that site so they know where to go...

WCrawford

well WCRAWFORD, maybe that is what they need is your balls in the trenches. :D

I'm not sure that I'd make any friends with my balls. :) On subjects that I am passionate about, I've overly aggressive, insulting to those in authority, and foul mouthed with a bad temper. That could be the reason that I've been banned from 3 gun forums (Firearms Talk, Tennessee Gun Owners, and GlockTalk), but then again I could be banned because I like the rules here: Back up your statements of law with cites.

But I'm in the trenches, subtly. I open carry everywhere. Even at my brand new dentist (Dr. Thomas Nabors, in Nashville) I saw yesterday. Nice guy, and a gun owner/carrier. He didn't bat an eye at my OCd handgun.

papa bear

i hear ya WC. i am polite and general respectful of everyone i meet. but i do get my err up with authority. especially the people that think they are some privileged character, that think they are the it. i have gladly paid the price for that attitude, more than once.

one of my philosophies in life is " you 'll regret the things you don't do more than the things you do"

i have been trying to get on TFA's board, but can't seem to get it to work. i have never seen an organization that only gave snail mail as a way to get in touch. it may be to late but if anyone has a way to get in touch with someone from that group. i would like to talk to them

Oh Shoot

i have been trying to get on TFA's board, but can't seem to get it to work.

"Work"?
http://www.tfaonline.org/forum/index.php

i have never seen an organization that only gave snail mail as a way to get in touch. it may be to late but if anyone has a way to get in touch with someone from that group. i would like to talk to them

Director, John Harris: johnharris AT tennesseefirearms DOT com
Vice Pres, Membership, Lisa Guthrie: lisaguthrie AT tennesseefirearms DOT com

- OS

Last edited:

SovereignAxe

No, that's definitely more horror than humor. One upside to this is that I can now start filling out the friendorfoe.us site for my area-which last time I checked has nothing on it.

papa bear

did have quite a few folks from TN. at the Abbingdon, VA show this weekend. pretty much none of them knew there was a state organization fighting for their rights. of course that is nothing unusual, there are a lot of people that has not heard of VCDL either.

a lot of people do compare these groups with the NRA, and i have to say that their experience has left a lot of bad feelings (weather right or wrong) in people when it comes to supporting RTKBA groups.
i do try to explain that it is important to have groups at state level, because that is where we live.

of course if you trust your politicians, then you shouldn't join any of them