Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 83

Thread: Fond Du LAC Walmart calls cops on open carrier

  1. #1
    Regular Member JerryD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    central Wisconsin
    Posts
    120

    Fond Du LAC Walmart calls cops on open carrier

    Well I used to open carry, but tonight at the friendly neighborhood Walmart, was ask to leave. I've open carried there plenty of times before with out incident. When told I could not possess a firearm wile shopping at Walmart, I put my gun in my truck and finished shopping. 20 minutes later at least 10 police officers armed with 870's, m16's, and handguns drawn approached my fiancee, son and I. Searched me and escorted me out of the store. The cops were cool about it, but apparently Walmart employees call the cops and told them an armed customer refused to leave. After talk with the store employees and me, I was free to leave. The officers acted professionally and polite, but the Walmart employees actions was uncalled for. I was asked to leave, I apologized and left politely. The employee who asked me to leave told me there where no firearms signs posted (the cops or I didn't find any). I've written the local store and corporate asking what the firearm policy is. I don't recommend OC at the Fond du Lac Walmart


    This is from another forum I frequent. I called the store this morning and was told they were private property and could do as they please and that they had customer complaints. I asked the person why they didnt follow corp. policy and was told they wouldnt discuss this with me.
    Last edited by JerryD; 09-24-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    I had to change my signature because you know who got upset about it.

  2. #2
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Shotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,668
    Hmmm, more rogue Wal-Mart employees... A few weeks ago I looked into a incident locally after a man was reportedly escorted* from the Monona Wal-Mart Supercenter. The store manager told me he was unaware of the incident but that he would investigate and take corrective action if he determined it had actually happened. So I have it on excellent authority that the supercenter Wal-Mart in Monona is officially fine with OC. I guess if the local store doesn't want to discuss their policy, then the next logical step is to contact the corporate level and let them discuss it with the local level.

    *by two employees who told him it was "new corporate policy"
    Last edited by Shotgun; 09-24-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    A. Gold

    Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

  3. #3
    McX
    Guest
    damn lying leftist bastards! i hope the cops caught them in their lie, maybe next time escort them out of the store. i hope these scum get fired!

  4. #4
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    I have 2 thoughts.

    1. Should of left and not come back in, called the actual store manager, not the manager wanna-be.

    2. Now there is an opportunity to get the rogue manager for filing a false report.

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    When told I could not possess a firearm wile shopping at Walmart, I put my gun in my truck and finished shopping.
    WAT?

    20 minutes later at least 10 police officers armed with 870's, m16's, and handguns drawn approached my fiancee, son and I. Searched me and escorted me out of the store. The cops were cool about it
    WAT?

    The officers acted professionally and polite
    WAT!?

    This seems like a very confused man.
    Last edited by Schlitz; 09-24-2011 at 12:04 PM.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

  6. #6
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    WAT?


    WAT?


    WAT!?

    This seems like a very confused man.
    Unfortunately, in this case, the officers had RAS. They got a report of a man with a gun who refused to leave. The Wal-Mart employee should be cited for filing a false report. If he was observant enough to see the gun, he should of been observant enough to see the person leave the store.

  7. #7
    Herr Heckler Koch
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sheller View Post
    Very confused is correct and possibly the incident is pure fiction.
    https://encrypted.google.com/search?...d+with+870%27s

  8. #8
    Herr Heckler Koch
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sheller View Post
    Your cite is this thread.
    This thread, of 77,000 results, is the only one satisfying the search criteria, thus supporting your contention of fictitious fabrication.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    This thread, of 77,000 results, is the only one satisfying the search criteria, thus supporting your contention of fictitious fabrication.
    It supports nothing. Thankfully, not every police response to a MWG becomes a sensational media report. Most do not unless you include the local gossip rag.

  10. #10
    Herr Heckler Koch
    Guest

    Fond Du LAC Walmart calls cops on open carrier

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    This is from another forum I frequent.
    The claim is of "from another forum" not from a local rag. Google 'bots do not distinguish rag from Bulletin BS.

  11. #11
    Regular Member JerryD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    central Wisconsin
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by sheller View Post
    Very confused is correct and possibly the incident is pure fiction.
    Lets see the manager I talked to this morning said that they asked the OCer to leave and called the cops because they were private property and could as they pleased so your little Fiction hypothesis is BS. Unless of course the manager made it up or you are accusing me of making the story up in which case you are again full of BS.
    Last edited by JerryD; 09-24-2011 at 06:06 PM.
    I had to change my signature because you know who got upset about it.

  12. #12
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    Lets see the manager I talked to this morning said that they asked the OCer to leave and called the cops because they were private property and could as they pleased so your little Fiction hypothesis is BS. Unless of course the manager made it up or you are accusing me of making the story up in which case you are again full of BS.

    Search engines cannot find this 'post from another forum. So, unless you can provide a link to it, I have to count this as a complete BS story.

  13. #13
    Regular Member JerryD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    central Wisconsin
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    Search engines cannot find this 'post from another forum. So, unless you can provide a link to it, I have to count this as a complete BS story.
    I could careless how you count this because thats how I count all your posts anyway. welcome to ignore.

    4th post from the bottom.

    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_21/46...y_.html&page=2
    Last edited by JerryD; 09-24-2011 at 06:55 PM.
    I had to change my signature because you know who got upset about it.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    This thread, of 77,000 results, is the only one satisfying the search criteria, thus supporting your contention of fictitious fabrication.
    Your post does not show up in google. Does that mean that it doesn't exist?

    http://www.google.com/search?gcx=c&s...us+fabrication

  15. #15
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    I could careless how you count this because thats how I count all your posts anyway. welcome to ignore.

    4th post from the bottom.

    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_21/46...y_.html&page=2
    If you would have posted the link in the OP, you would have avoided much of the speculation.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oak Creek
    Posts
    66

    Now they claim you cant open carry From ar-15 site

    Thank you for contacting Wal-Mart regarding our concealed handgun policy. Wal-Mart was founded by Sam Walton on three basic principles. Strive for Excellence, Service to our Customers, and Respect for the Individual. It is that respect for the individual that led us to create the current policy pertaining to concealed handguns.

    The following is our policy......If a Wal-Mart customer has been awarded a concealed handgun license by the state government, Wal-Mart will follow the direction of the state. However, if at anytime while on Wal-Mart property, that customer's concealed weapon becomes visible to Wal-Mart associates or customers, Wal-Mart reserves the right to ask the customer to either reposition the weapon so that it will not be visible, to remove the weapon completely or to leave Wal-Mart property, With the exception of law enforcement personnel, Wal-Mart does not allow any exposed weapons to be worn or carried in public view on Wal-Mart property or in Wal-Mart stores. Customers other than law enforcement personnel wearing or carrying a weapon in an exposed manner will be asked to leave the property immediately.

    We appreciate your concern and trust that this message has addressed your concerns regarding this issue.

    Thank you,

    Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

  17. #17
    Activist Member carsontech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    531
    I just saw that too. That goes against everything I've read about Walmart's corporate policy.

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    I say we get together for a FIREMISSION...let's get 20-30 of us together & all going in at the same time,be polite & just go about our business, all grab carts, then let's see them ask all us leave......we all know their corp policy.... let's see em take on 30 or more of us !
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 09-25-2011 at 02:35 AM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  19. #19
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    This thread, of 77,000 results, is the only one satisfying the search criteria, thus supporting your contention of fictitious fabrication.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    Search engines cannot find this 'post from another forum. So, unless you can provide a link to it, I have to count this as a complete BS story.
    are you guys for real? Google search results don't refresh up to the minute. Hell, I don't think they even refresh every hour. Just because something was posted on a forum doesn't mean it'll make it to Google's front page immediately. It may take a day or two for the Google bots to find it and post it.

    And finally, just because you can't find it on Google, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

  20. #20
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by carsontech
    That goes against everything I've read about Walmart's corporate policy.
    +1
    Hopefully that email was signed, so the appropriate person can be reamed once the higher-ups find out.
    Not that I shop at WallyWorld unless there's no way to avoid it,
    but this makes me want to see if the local stores know about this "new policy".
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

  21. #21
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    are you guys for real? Google search results don't refresh up to the minute. Hell, I don't think they even refresh every hour. Just because something was posted on a forum doesn't mean it'll make it to Google's front page immediately. It may take a day or two for the Google bots to find it and post it.
    That doesn't make sense to me. Google found this post less than 3:28 later, but still has not found the post on ar15.com.

    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    And finally, just because you can't find it on Google, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    That makes sensse to me. Google found this post less than 3:28 later, but still has not found the post on ar15.com.

    I just lost faith in Google search.

  22. #22

  23. #23
    Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Taylor, Wayne County, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,047

    Angry Wal Mart needs to be FORCED to follow state law by protests if necessary!

    Here in MI we were told "Wal-Mart abides by all state laws." However, after several instances similar to this we were told "it's up to the individual store managers to ask a person to leave if they feel the person is a THREAT. OC is a threat? No I don't think so.

    That's alot of power (potentially life or death) to give a Manager who can then delegate it all the way down to the door greeter! WTF? So, they basically have no policy! I will not shop there and many of my pro 2A friends will not either.

    The only way they will do the right thing is to be forced kicking & screaming to do so. If we organized pickets of 20 to 50 members on the public sidewalks nearest the driveways of these stores who's managers don't gave a damn about our (the public) safety; I'm sure these issues will be addressed quickly. If the press picks this up, then they (wally world) will move even faster as they dislike bad press.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

    “Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

  24. #24
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    Well I used to open carry, but tonight at the friendly neighborhood Walmart, was ask to leave. I've open carried there plenty of times before with out incident. When told I could not possess a firearm wile shopping at Walmart, I put my gun in my truck and finished shopping. 20 minutes later at least 10 police officers armed with 870's, m16's, and handguns drawn approached my fiancee, son and I. Searched me and escorted me out of the store. The cops were cool about it, but apparently Walmart employees call the cops and told them an armed customer refused to leave. After talk with the store employees and me, I was free to leave. The officers acted professionally and polite, but the Walmart employees actions was uncalled for. I was asked to leave, I apologized and left politely. The employee who asked me to leave told me there where no firearms signs posted (the cops or I didn't find any). I've written the local store and corporate asking what the firearm policy is. I don't recommend OC at the Fond du Lac Walmart


    This is from another forum I frequent. I called the store this morning and was told they were private property and could do as they please and that they had customer complaints. I asked the person why they didnt follow corp. policy and was told they wouldnt discuss this with me.
    I try to register on ar15.com, but they keep telling my that my email is invalid.

    I would like to know if ORR has been made and if the correspondence that was posted later was from that store. But I cannot register to ask.

  25. #25
    Regular Member Plankton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by sheller View Post
    Of course THOSE store managers do not give a damn about gun toters. They know very well the large majority of their customers are not gun fans. It is their RIGHT to send gun toters down the road.

    Come on, 20 to 50 picketers? Walmart heavys will not even blink. When you try to dictate how someone runs their business they tend to squash those who interfere.
    "Gun toters"? I thought only W.A.V.E. and the Brady Bunch used that type of anti-firearm language. Nicely done.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •