• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Councilman pushing for gun range in Kalaeloa...

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Posted: Sep 23, 2011 6:55 PM CDT
Updated: Sep 24, 2011 12:23 AM CDT
From the Honolulu Star Advertiser:

"Councilman pushing for gun range in Kalaeloa"

<snip>
"Berg envisions a shooting range at Kalaeloa so gun owners on the West side can practice without driving all the way to the shooting range at Koko Head."
<snip>
"Berg said as soon as he fired off his idea for a West side range, gun enthusiasts fired back. I had roughly 43 hits on Facebook within a half hour," he said. "There is such a need. I didn't know it was that severe."
<snip>

IMO, anything about guns -- and more places to shoot them -- in anti-gun/2ndAmendment/RBKA Hawaii is publicity which I hope helps change the status-quo to something more gun-friendly...especially if it encourages the people of Hawaii to support the 2nd Amendment lawsuit presently in-progress, and hopefully result in Hawaii to changing from may-issue permit state to a shall-issue.

The more places people have to shoot (instead of keeping their guns in a closet or drawer -- pretty much forgotten about) should help get more people aware of and involved in pro-gun causes.

-- http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...:+HawaiiNewsNow-News+(Hawaii+News+Now+-+News)

Last edited: