Thread: Where can I buy a handgun under 21?

Seattle, WA

Where can I buy a handgun under 21?

I'm 18 and want to buy a handgun. I live in Washington state. I can't buy from a dealer, so I have to go private sale. Can I have my mom or dad by me one as a "gift"? or would I have to find a private party? If anyone knows any good classifieds or anything I would appreciate it.

Where can I buy and handgun under 21?
    Well, most handguns on the market today are under 21. So, you're okay. LOL

Ahem, sorry. If someone gives you one as a gift, you're okay. Here in Texas it's okay at least and most states that I know of. I CA I don't know. Everything's backwards there.

Quarryville, PA
    You could go to some gun shows. Often times there are private sellers who are walking around who may be willing to deal with you.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 09-24-2011 at 07:07 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

People's County of Fairfax
    The answer to the question is in your state laws. Federally licensed dealers cannot sell handguns to people under age 21.

This does not mean you cannot buy or possess a handgun in your state. Some states allow possession, but not purchase from private sellers. Others allow both. You just cannot purchase from a gun store (which means it's an FFL).
    Last edited by 230therapy; 09-24-2011 at 07:22 PM.
    Does anyone here actually believe that the Founders were sitting around in John Adams' tavern UNARMED because they believed a bar should be a gun free zone?

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    Snohomish, WA, ,
    You might go to the WA forum on here and start reading posts by GreenIsFaster. He has researched the topic in considerable fashion.
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president