• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where can I buy a handgun under 21?

E46m3

I'm 18 and want to buy a handgun. I live in Washington state. I can't buy from a dealer, so I have to go private sale. Can I have my mom or dad by me one as a "gift"? or would I have to find a private party? If anyone knows any good classifieds or anything I would appreciate it.

Fisherman

Where can I buy and handgun under 21?

Well, most handguns on the market today are under 21. So, you're okay. LOL

Ahem, sorry. If someone gives you one as a gift, you're okay. Here in Texas it's okay at least and most states that I know of. I CA I don't know. Everything's backwards there.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
You could go to some gun shows. Often times there are private sellers who are walking around who may be willing to deal with you.

Last edited:

230therapy

The answer to the question is in your state laws. Federally licensed dealers cannot sell handguns to people under age 21.

This does not mean you cannot buy or possess a handgun in your state. Some states allow possession, but not purchase from private sellers. Others allow both. You just cannot purchase from a gun store (which means it's an FFL).

Last edited:

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
E46M3,
You might go to the WA forum on here and start reading posts by GreenIsFaster. He has researched the topic in considerable fashion.