• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunman opens fire near Wash. high school, killed by police

sudden valley gunner

Once I think you reach an all time low, you dig farther. Unappreciative and self absorbed, for one a person to spew on how they do not protect the public to then oh it is their job, we pay them to do it,
Then to think someone walking around a residential area shooting a barrage of shots and not think it a threat! Really

Your hatred for law enforcement really comes through,

And your misunderstanding shows no boundaries. Do you actually read every word in someones posts or just jump to the things that rub you wrong. Where did I say it wasn't a threat, oh yea your usual tactic of inserting and insinuating bad motives that aren't there.

Answer my question do you praise the garbage man for picking up you rubbish? It's a valuable public service.

Self Absorbed really? From someone who does everything they can and appears to try to find evil intent with many posters on here. Someone who names themselves, "Big Dave". Get over yourself.

What I actually said.

Now I am not saying they did it wrong here just saying they don't need to be painted as heroes for it either.

An armed population could have handled this situation just as well. Then we would have a term like suicide by "local militia".

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

(in the context of this "conversation") I haven't heard of many people shooting at the Garbage Man lately.

Hard the equate the two.

Construction workers die more than LEO.

The dangers of the job isn't what I am equating and doesn't matter in my opinion. If you decide to log or fish for crab you made the choice knowing they are the most dangerous jobs in the country. If you decide to serve as a law enforcement officer, I would hope you have brains enough to know there are dangers related to doing it.

So my question still stands.

Oh and to be clear because some folks just don't seem to get it. I do think the LEO's acted properly in this instance.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Amlevin said [QUOTE(in the context of this "conversation") I haven't heard of many people shooting at the Garbage Man lately.
][/QUOTE]
Suicide by garbageman?? What would he do, throw trash at him?? Of course he would draw a LEO with a weapon to kill himself rather than a garbageman.

On another note, I just saw a re-report on the shooting (Q13). Scenes of children under bleachers and a LEO on the ball field. It was just sensationalism, semmed to be purposed just to create fear.

decklin

I would have thought more people on here would be outraged by the idea this shooter placed so many in peril, Be it suicide by cop or other, he placed someone else in the position to take his life, that is where the outrage should be.

Let us not forget who came running to this incident to put a stop to it? The same ones that many accuse them it not being their job to protect, Law Enforcement.
We see and hear from time to time on how some officers have done bad things.
How many officers responded to this and other incidents that do good things? There is a very lop sided ratio of the good out numbering the bad.

I'm a little confused. How did the thread come to this? I don't recall seeing a single post complaining about the police. Whether it be their actions, response time, whatever. We were talking about the "news" sensationalizing another gun related story. I have not heard any sensational claims from the police.
It seems to me that this was a conversation until you swooped in here with negative comments.

jchen012

For those who don't know the area, the high school field is literally right next to an outdoor gun range (Issaquah Sportsmen's Club, one of the best ranges IMO). Anyhow here is a video (not mine) shot from the range:

http://youtu.be/AlSGu7PR8nc

I wonder how many residents thought the gun shots were from the range and not from Issaquah Police...