• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bremerton gun show

jeeper1

Did anyone go there today?
I was there from 1 to 4 pm.
I didn't see anything I couldn't live without. However I did see a few things I would have liked. Henry Repeating Arms has come out with a Mares Leg in 22lr that looked interesting. Chiappas 1911-22 pistols will not accept an ambi safety, Darn it. And the thing that interested me the most was that the XD45 is a good fit in my Serpa holster for my XD40, I was very, very tempted.

amlevin

And the thing that interested me the most was that the XD45 is a good fit in my Serpa holster for my XD40, I was very, very tempted.

It always pays to buy a new firearm that fits your old holster(s). When you do it's almost like getting a discount on the gun:)

I'm usually not that lucky. First it's several hundred for the pistol and then a search for a holster that fits it for another $50-$100 (or more).:(

jeeper1

Like I said, I was tempted but I did not cave in and buy it. If I had not bought a SS 1911 a few weeks ago I would have bought it. I could not justify, in my own mind, buying 2 45acp pistols 3 weeks apart.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Like I said, I was tempted but I did not cave in and buy it. If I had not bought a SS 1911 a few weeks ago I would have bought it. I could not justify, in my own mind, buying 2 45acp pistols 3 weeks apart.

Oh, I'm sure you could justify it, just not afford it...lol

jeeper1

Oh, I had the cash all right. I rode (literally) into the show with $950+ in my pocket and only spent $3 there getting my knife (Buck 110, I had broken the tip off it) sharpened.
I was hoping to find some of the more unusual guns (Suomi,Sterling etc.) there and was disappointed on that account. I wanted to see and touch them to see if they were what they were hyped to be.