Thread: La Mesa’s Assemblyman Aims to Influence Governor on Open-Carry Bill - Patch

La Mesa’s Assemblyman Aims to Influence Governor on Open-Carry Bill - Patch

http://mounthelix.patch.com/articles...pen-carry-bill

With Gov. Jerry Brown mulling whether to sign a ban on openly carrying firearms, supporters of the right to bear arms, led by Assemblyman Brian Jones, gathered for a Second Amendment Appreciation event Friday at the Lemon Grove Gun Club.

“We hope that Gov. Brown will veto them all,” Jones said. “We’re standing up to them like a band of brothers to counter the liberals on your right to own and bear arms.”
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

I would also like to see La Mesa's assemblyman try to influence his colleagues into rejecting AB 144 and any other bill that clearly "infringes" on our second amendment rights.

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    I was there, sat down and had great conversation with Brian Jones and Sam Pareades. Even let them put some rounds down range on my M4. We have good people leading this fight, we need more good followers and supporters.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    I was there, sat down and had great conversation with Brian Jones and Sam Pareades. Even let them put some rounds down range on my M4. We have good people leading this fight, we need more good followers and supporters.
    I offer all the support that I can muster for Iraq. I'll be home next year and pray that I will still have the right to protect my family, property and person anywhere that I am able to OC.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbbe11s View Post
    I offer all the support that I can muster for Iraq. I'll be home next year and pray that I will still have the right to protect my family, property and person anywhere that I am able to OC.
    You keep your head on a swivel and be smart. Come back safe and in one piece. We can trade war stories at the coffee shop when you get back, OC'ing of course.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    You keep your head on a swivel and be smart. Come back safe and in one piece. We can trade war stories at the coffee shop when you get back, OC'ing of course.
    One redeeming factor about my current location is that I will OC everyday, and then some.