Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clark County Registration elimination Steering Commitee.

Clark County Registration elimination Steering Commitee.

It is way past time, coming up on 50 years that the gun registration scheme has been the "rule" over Lawful citizens in our valley.

Timf343 and I sat in my garage tonight and decided that we want to get a group of people together, that are interested in taking back, what is our rights.

There is no Plan, we want to assemble the group that will develop "the Plan" we have seen it work in another area, and agree that it will work here.
    If you are even halfway interested, give it a shot... if not you will miss out on a lot of fun!

Sounds like a fun time, To bad I don't live in Clark County!

I guess I will just have to have fun getting this county straightened up where we have politicians that do listen to there people, How boring! LOL
    http://washoecountygunrights.blogspot.com/

*** I am NOT a Lawyer, and I DO NOT have any LEGAL EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS ***

MOLON LABE

You know I am in Dave.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by john-in-reno View Post
    Sounds like a fun time, To bad I don't live in Clark County!
    You don't have to live there to help.

You can write letters to officials and the newspapers, and when it's time for them to print pamphlets, they will appreciate our help with a check or two.

This is a STATEWIDE issue. Nevada is healing from the disease of hoplophobia, but so long as these leftover infections are still around, our state has not yet become healthy.

And Brer Rabbit said, "Oh please Brer Fox, whatever you do, please don't throw me into that briar patch."

+1
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Centurion

Count me in for some support. I don't live there ... at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    It is way past time, coming up on 50 years that the gun registration scheme has been the "rule" over Lawful citizens in our valley.

Timf343 and I sat in my garage tonight and decided that we want to get a group of people together, that are interested in taking back, what is our rights.

There is no Plan, we want to assemble the group that will develop "the Plan" we have seen it work in another area, and agree that it will work here.
    If you are even halfway interested, give it a shot... if not you will miss out on a lot of fun!
    It is way past time to remove the stupid registration requirement. There are several ways to do it. It could be done at the state level or at the local level. I don't know how difficult it would be locally, because of the large business interests there. Usually, local is easier than state.

It amazes me how brilliant minds think alike. I was hoping to put together a group too.
    Count me in.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

It is not necessary to live in Clark County to participate in "repeal it or feel it" Since it is more a mindset than anything Repeal it or feel it, is happening in Washington State, Idaho and Canada... We do not have them all up on the website yet, but as they proggress and gather momentum we will post their victorys and battles.
    Last edited by DON`T TREAD ON ME; 09-25-2011 at 07:58 PM. Reason: sp

I too live a distance away (Churchill County), but have been onboard with you for years to repeal Clark County handgun registration.

I think the new Nevada Firearms Coalition will want to pursue repeal. Why don't you contact NFC?

http://www.nvfac.org/

Their website would not take my question, some sort of computer error. Anyone got a phone number?

I would be interested in talking with someone.

Their website would not take my question, some sort of computer error. Anyone got a phone number?

I would be interested in talking with someone.
    Why don't you give a call to Whatsisname's gun shop and talk to him? His response might be enlightening. For all we know, this might be Job 1 on their agenda.

Get involved...

There are many important issues here in Nevada for the gun rights movement. My opinion that the biggest obstacle is the Clark County gun registration. Knock that one down, and the rest will fall easier. If we can get a ballet initiative passed in Clark County to do away with it, then the state pre-emption will have to be changed to get rid of that section in the NRS. That will be the prime opportunity to modify pre-emption to clarify the wording, and make the changes that we seek. The county will fight us tooth and nail so we will need lots of volunteers to get signatures, and lots of money for advertising.

It is my belief that when pre-emption passed it codified the Clark County registration under state law and is a violation of the US 14th amendment. It makes those of us who live in Clark County less than equal to those living in other parts of the state. I think the majority of voters (I hope anyway) would see the common sense of having gun laws uniform throughout the state. That and the fact that in all the years of its existence it does not look like any benefit can be shown in having it on the books. When you look at all the time and resources expended in its implementation, operation and enforcement, the cost of running it all these years has got to have been horrendous to the county and all the cities.

People getting involved is what is important. Get behind the proposed local (Clark County) steering committee and/or the new NRA state association. Yes I know there are those who doubt the motives of some of the people involved but the great thing about a group like this is that the direction of the organization can be modified by voting members. I intend to do my part.

There is a dangerous trend showing on this forum and that is the tendency toward infighting. Let's get that in check and work together. Ideas are needed from all sources as none of us have all the answers.

TBG

I agree and I'll plainly say "I'm in."

I guess we'll all have to bone up on: http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.ph...cess_in_Nevada

I would be very interested in meeting to discuss this further.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    People getting involved is what is important. Get behind the proposed local (Clark County) steering committee and/or the new NRA state association. Yes I know there are those who doubt the motives of some of the people involved but the great thing about a group like this is that the direction of the organization can be modified by voting members. I intend to do my part.
    I'm firmly behind the Steering Committee. If the NRA group falls in, great.

I know diddly (on purpose to ease my stress levels) about how to change laws. Though I can make sausage, which I hear is a similar process.

So let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

I own Blue & Gold Firearms Training, licensed in Clark County, and am a County resident and registered voter.

I can relate personal experiences of the ignorance of the people in the police station who are responsible for registering the handguns of walk-ins.
    Last edited by MAC702; 09-28-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Tread/Tim, Looks like your idea has some support. How about date/time/place?

TBG

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    Tread/Tim, Looks like your idea has some support. How about date/time/place?

TBG
    This sat for the lunch would be great as we may have some of the members from the new firearm coalition as well.

So we had a meeting of sorts, and I think it was well recieved... We talked a little during and after the NFA meeting, I was out to lunch last week as I had no idea how much the Lawsuit I had been working on for two years would take out of me!!!

The good news is I have experiance now. so Clark county is a a big project and it will take focus from all angles and all sorts of contributions, most of them unknown today. I blieve that we should meet once a week, and start to gtet a plan together, I will accept differing opinions however.

I must say I am surprised. The residents of Clark County are subject to this registration requirement while the rest of Nevada AND any visitors to the Las Vegas area are not subject to said requirement. Thankfully OC is a non-issue in Nevada regardless of where one is from. I'm not from Nevada, but I have frequented Clark County in recent years. (And thank you for recognizing the AZ CWP as well -- though not like that matters in Nevada so much) How can I help?

Quote Originally Posted by acmariner99 View Post
    I must say I am surprised. The residents of Clark County are subject to this registration requirement while the rest of Nevada AND any visitors to the Las Vegas area are not subject to said requirement.
    Not only residents... but non-residents as well. For Clark County residents - A period of at least 72 hours for the registration of a pistol upon transfer of title to the pistol to the resident by purchase, gift or any other transfer. For non-residents of Clark County - A period of at least 60 days of residency in the county before registration of such a firearm is required.

So, registration is required in Clark County for both residents and non-residents... just different time frame for registration.

Quote Originally Posted by acmariner99 View Post
    Thankfully OC is a non-issue in Nevada regardless of where one is from.
    Maybe not... if you find yourself in a vehicle in the City of North Las Vegas, lawfully OCing, and pulled over for a traffic violation, you may be cited (perhaps arrested and jailed) as well for a violation of that city's pre-1989 local ordinance prohibiting a "dangerous or deadly" weapon in a vehicle. It has happened in the not too distant past.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcmustang View Post
    Not only residents... but non-residents as well. For Clark County residents - A period of at least 72 hours for the registration of a pistol upon transfer of title to the pistol to the resident by purchase, gift or any other transfer. For non-residents of Clark County - A period of at least 60 days of residency in the county before registration of such a firearm is required.

So, registration is required in Clark County for both residents and non-residents... just different time frame for registration.
    Typically I am within the "registration zone" for less than 72 hours - if not much less than that. "Casual vacationers" who just visit Las Vegas short term are NOT subject to registration. That is what I find odd. Granted I suppose it allows consistency with USC 926A. (Travel with firearms through more restrictive jurisdictions). I have carried OC in LV/Henderson without any hassle from LVMPD or any establishments I have visited.

Maybe not... if you find yourself in a vehicle in the City of North Las Vegas, lawfully OCing, and pulled over for a traffic violation, you may be cited (perhaps arrested and jailed) as well for a violation of that city's pre-1989 local ordinance prohibiting a "dangerous or deadly" weapon in a vehicle. It has happened in the not too distant past.
    Does that restriction apply to those with a valid CWP in Nevada?

A period of at least 60 days of residency in the county before registration of such a firearm is required.

Registration is NOT required for non-residents.

How does a non-resident ever obtain 60 days of residency without first becoming a resident?

Quote Originally Posted by SoLasVegas View Post
    Registration is NOT required for non-residents.

How does a non-resident ever obtain 60 days of residency without first becoming a resident?
    By being a temporary resident while retaining actual residence in another state. As example, military members. Or, contract workers who actually reside in another state. It is not a stretch to come up with persons who would fit into that area of 60 days.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast