• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clark County Registration elimination Steering Commitee.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

It is way past time, coming up on 50 years that the gun registration scheme has been the "rule" over Lawful citizens in our valley.

Timf343 and I sat in my garage tonight and decided that we want to get a group of people together, that are interested in taking back, what is our rights.

There is no Plan, we want to assemble the group that will develop "the Plan" we have seen it work in another area, and agree that it will work here.
If you are even halfway interested, give it a shot... if not you will miss out on a lot of fun!

john-in-reno

Sounds like a fun time, To bad I don't live in Clark County!

I guess I will just have to have fun getting this county straightened up where we have politicians that do listen to there people, How boring! LOL

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Sounds like a fun time, To bad I don't live in Clark County!

You don't have to live there to help.

You can write letters to officials and the newspapers, and when it's time for them to print pamphlets, they will appreciate our help with a check or two.

This is a STATEWIDE issue. Nevada is healing from the disease of hoplophobia, but so long as these leftover infections are still around, our state has not yet become healthy.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Count me in for some support. I don't live there ... at this time.

It is way past time, coming up on 50 years that the gun registration scheme has been the "rule" over Lawful citizens in our valley.

Timf343 and I sat in my garage tonight and decided that we want to get a group of people together, that are interested in taking back, what is our rights.

There is no Plan, we want to assemble the group that will develop "the Plan" we have seen it work in another area, and agree that it will work here.
If you are even halfway interested, give it a shot... if not you will miss out on a lot of fun!

It is way past time to remove the stupid registration requirement. There are several ways to do it. It could be done at the state level or at the local level. I don't know how difficult it would be locally, because of the large business interests there. Usually, local is easier than state.

The Big Guy

It amazes me how brilliant minds think alike. I was hoping to put together a group too.
Count me in.

TBG

DON`T TREAD ON ME

It is not necessary to live in Clark County to participate in "repeal it or feel it" Since it is more a mindset than anything Repeal it or feel it, is happening in Washington State, Idaho and Canada... We do not have them all up on the website yet, but as they proggress and gather momentum we will post their victorys and battles.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

Get involved...

There are many important issues here in Nevada for the gun rights movement. My opinion that the biggest obstacle is the Clark County gun registration. Knock that one down, and the rest will fall easier. If we can get a ballet initiative passed in Clark County to do away with it, then the state pre-emption will have to be changed to get rid of that section in the NRS. That will be the prime opportunity to modify pre-emption to clarify the wording, and make the changes that we seek. The county will fight us tooth and nail so we will need lots of volunteers to get signatures, and lots of money for advertising.

It is my belief that when pre-emption passed it codified the Clark County registration under state law and is a violation of the US 14th amendment. It makes those of us who live in Clark County less than equal to those living in other parts of the state. I think the majority of voters (I hope anyway) would see the common sense of having gun laws uniform throughout the state. That and the fact that in all the years of its existence it does not look like any benefit can be shown in having it on the books. When you look at all the time and resources expended in its implementation, operation and enforcement, the cost of running it all these years has got to have been horrendous to the county and all the cities.

People getting involved is what is important. Get behind the proposed local (Clark County) steering committee and/or the new NRA state association. Yes I know there are those who doubt the motives of some of the people involved but the great thing about a group like this is that the direction of the organization can be modified by voting members. I intend to do my part.

There is a dangerous trend showing on this forum and that is the tendency toward infighting. Let's get that in check and work together. Ideas are needed from all sources as none of us have all the answers.

TBG

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
People getting involved is what is important. Get behind the proposed local (Clark County) steering committee and/or the new NRA state association. Yes I know there are those who doubt the motives of some of the people involved but the great thing about a group like this is that the direction of the organization can be modified by voting members. I intend to do my part.

I'm firmly behind the Steering Committee. If the NRA group falls in, great.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I know diddly (on purpose to ease my stress levels) about how to change laws. Though I can make sausage, which I hear is a similar process.

So let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

I own Blue & Gold Firearms Training, licensed in Clark County, and am a County resident and registered voter.

I can relate personal experiences of the ignorance of the people in the police station who are responsible for registering the handguns of walk-ins.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

Tread/Tim, Looks like your idea has some support. How about date/time/place?

TBG

DON`T TREAD ON ME

So we had a meeting of sorts, and I think it was well recieved... We talked a little during and after the NFA meeting, I was out to lunch last week as I had no idea how much the Lawsuit I had been working on for two years would take out of me!!!

The good news is I have experiance now. so Clark county is a a big project and it will take focus from all angles and all sorts of contributions, most of them unknown today. I blieve that we should meet once a week, and start to gtet a plan together, I will accept differing opinions however.