Thread: Armed Robbery near GMU

Armed Robbery near GMU

Sept. 8 2011-010070 / Assist another agency. GMU Police units assisted Fairfax County Police with an armed robbery that occurred at University Mall. Investigation continues by Fairfax County Police. (56/Lighthiser)

For those not familiar with Fairfax, University Mall is located just across the street from GMU, at the intersection of Rt 123 (Ox Rd/Chain Bridge Rd) and Braddock Rd.

This was the day before the GMU SCC meeting on campus.
    Last edited by nova; 09-25-2011 at 07:18 AM.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    'Morning nova. A question if you don't mind.

Do the GMU campus police have any jurisdiction at University Mall and the immediate surrounds? Have you ever OC'd in the mall and been approached, detained, or questioned by them when in these areas?
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    'Morning nova. A question if you don't mind.

Do the GMU campus police have any jurisdiction at University Mall and the immediate surrounds? Have you ever OC'd in the mall and been approached, detained, or questioned by them when in these areas?
    Yes they do.

eta: It's also not uncommon to see GMU PD within the City of Fairfax just north of GMU either. The university has a few buildings north of campus.
    Last edited by nova; 06-04-2012 at 04:39 AM.

When I was at GMU I lived on campus in the student apartments. One snowy night, there was about 14" on the ground, myself and about 20 others "attacked" the GMU police station with a huge fusilade of snowballs. The police station at that time (1978) was a trailer, so it made a lot of racket! They were not happy. We all ran and hid in my apartment. They knocked at the door and a room mate who hadn't gone with answered an did a good job so they left. All while the 20 of us were sardined in the bathroom :^). Some fun times.
    Last edited by Neplusultra; 09-27-2011 at 08:37 PM.

They just moved into a new building in the last year or two. It's a nice hefty brick building, impervious to all spherical frozen H20 projectiles.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    They just moved into a new building in the last year or two. It's a nice hefty brick building, impervious to all spherical frozen H20 projectiles.
    What if they are frozen, weighing 12 ounces, and launched at 2700 fps?
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Mythbusters did an "ice bullet" myth, and they all had vaporized by the time they left the barrel.

it would melt long before it made it to what it was launched at
    If Obama is the answer; how stupid was the question?

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Mythbusters did an "ice bullet" myth, and they all had vaporized by the time they left the barrel.
    I don't have a lot of faith in Mythbusters after they declared that Gunny Hathcock couldn't have made one of the shots he made in 'Nam. Other Marine snipers proved after the Mythbusters episode that, yes, it is possible to put a bullet through a scope and into someone's head.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    I don't have a lot of faith in Mythbusters after they declared that Gunny Hathcock couldn't have made one of the shots he made in 'Nam. Other Marine snipers proved after the Mythbusters episode that, yes, it is possible to put a bullet through a scope and into someone's head.
    They went back and revisited that one using period rifles and scopes and got nothing but lens on the second shot. Went straight througg and into the "snipers" head.

I have had a few issues with their methedologu for.some time now, and I think it's intentional so they can revisit it later for more episodes.

Sent using tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....