• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed Robbery near GMU

nova

Sept. 8 2011-010070 / Assist another agency. GMU Police units assisted Fairfax County Police with an armed robbery that occurred at University Mall. Investigation continues by Fairfax County Police. (56/Lighthiser)

For those not familiar with Fairfax, University Mall is located just across the street from GMU, at the intersection of Rt 123 (Ox Rd/Chain Bridge Rd) and Braddock Rd.

This was the day before the GMU SCC meeting on campus.

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
'Morning nova. A question if you don't mind.

Do the GMU campus police have any jurisdiction at University Mall and the immediate surrounds? Have you ever OC'd in the mall and been approached, detained, or questioned by them when in these areas?

nova

'Morning nova. A question if you don't mind.

Do the GMU campus police have any jurisdiction at University Mall and the immediate surrounds? Have you ever OC'd in the mall and been approached, detained, or questioned by them when in these areas?

Yes they do.

eta: It's also not uncommon to see GMU PD within the City of Fairfax just north of GMU either. The university has a few buildings north of campus.

Last edited:

Neplusultra

When I was at GMU I lived on campus in the student apartments. One snowy night, there was about 14" on the ground, myself and about 20 others "attacked" the GMU police station with a huge fusilade of snowballs. The police station at that time (1978) was a trailer, so it made a lot of racket! They were not happy. We all ran and hid in my apartment. They knocked at the door and a room mate who hadn't gone with answered an did a good job so they left. All while the 20 of us were sardined in the bathroom :^). Some fun times.

Last edited:

nova

They just moved into a new building in the last year or two. It's a nice hefty brick building, impervious to all spherical frozen H20 projectiles. :lol:

SFCRetired

Mythbusters did an "ice bullet" myth, and they all had vaporized by the time they left the barrel.

I don't have a lot of faith in Mythbusters after they declared that Gunny Hathcock couldn't have made one of the shots he made in 'Nam. Other Marine snipers proved after the Mythbusters episode that, yes, it is possible to put a bullet through a scope and into someone's head.

Baked on Grease

I don't have a lot of faith in Mythbusters after they declared that Gunny Hathcock couldn't have made one of the shots he made in 'Nam. Other Marine snipers proved after the Mythbusters episode that, yes, it is possible to put a bullet through a scope and into someone's head.

They went back and revisited that one using period rifles and scopes and got nothing but lens on the second shot. Went straight througg and into the "snipers" head.

I have had a few issues with their methedologu for.some time now, and I think it's intentional so they can revisit it later for more episodes.

Sent using tapatalk