Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Bonidy v. USPS

  1. #1
    Regular Member JamesB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    703

    Bonidy v. USPS

    This is one of the cases we were discussing at the meet n greet in Aurora yesterday.

    Basically it is asking the courts to apply McDonald to the Post Office to recognize carry there. It is happening here in Colorado...

    Read more about it here: http://www.mountainstateslegal.org/l...egalcaseid=231

    or: http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com...-moves-to.html

    Most recently it is broken down simply to the point of carry in the parking lot of the Post Office and not in the actual building. Small steps right?

    http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com...-over-yet.html

    The lawyer handeling the case is Jim Manly. He's the same one that's doing the Students for Concealed Carry on Campus v. CSU. Every monday I look to see if the ruling for that one has come out.

  2. #2
    Regular Member RebelWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    The lawyer handeling the case is Jim Manly. He's the same one that's doing the Students for Concealed Carry on Campus v. CSU. Every monday I look to see if the ruling for that one has come out.
    That has been implemented in the law already.


    18-12-214. Authority granted by permit - carrying restrictions.

    Annotation

    "Institutions of higher education not exempt from the express authorization of permittees to carry concealed handguns "in all areas of the state". The concealed carry act, 18-12-201 to 18-12-216, satisfies the "unless otherwise [provided] by law" provision of article VIII, section 5(2), of the state constitution by manifesting a clear and unmistakable intent to subject the entire state to a single statutory scheme regulating concealed handgun carry, subject to specified exceptions. Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, LLC v. Regents of Univ. of Colo., __ P.3d __ (Colo. App. 2010)."

  3. #3
    Regular Member JamesB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelWolf View Post
    That has been implemented in the law already.

    18-12-214. Authority granted by permit - carrying restrictions.

    Annotation

    "Institutions of higher education not exempt from the express authorization of permittees to carry concealed handguns "in all areas of the state". The concealed carry act, 18-12-201 to 18-12-216, satisfies the "unless otherwise [provided] by law" provision of article VIII, section 5(2), of the state constitution by manifesting a clear and unmistakable intent to subject the entire state to a single statutory scheme regulating concealed handgun carry, subject to specified exceptions. Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, LLC v. Regents of Univ. of Colo., __ P.3d __ (Colo. App. 2010)."
    Yes, but... This was at the Appelate level where SCCC won. The CSU Regents have appealed to the Colorado Supreme Court (Thanks for needlessly raising my tuition). Oral arguements have been made there already. Now just twiddling my thumbs to await the newest verdict.

    Check back every monday: http://www.courts.state.co.us/Courts...ents/Index.cfm
    Last edited by JamesB; 09-25-2011 at 04:28 PM. Reason: added linkey

  4. #4
    Regular Member RebelWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    41
    Why can't they just leave well enough alone? "Mommy" told them we could carry.... Why must they talk to Grandpa?

    I say they allow open carry everywhere, and leave us alone.

    I eagerly await the results as well now! Until then, I'll keep carrying wherever I can.

    RebelWolf

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelWolf View Post
    I say they allow open carry everywhere, and leave us alone.
    Our grandfathers' grandfathers did just that: "...the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

    Problem is, there's a LOT of people in the U.S. who can't read.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  6. #6
    Regular Member RebelWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Our grandfathers' grandfathers did just that: "...the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

    Problem is, there's a LOT of people in the U.S. who can't read.
    I'm sitting in math class, and it's amazing how many people can't add, subtract, multiply, or divide without a calculator. Word problems really mess them up! Reading and adding stuff is "to hard." So when you ask someone "If the government takes away our rights, what is left?" They turn into deer in the front of your car, and don't know what to do!

    RebelWolf

  7. #7
    Regular Member jmar254's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    40
    Just to be clear, the Colorado Supreme Court case is against CU in The peoples Republic of Boulder, not CSU in Fort Collins.
    Last edited by jmar254; 10-04-2011 at 10:25 PM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member JamesB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by jmar254 View Post
    Just to be clear, the Colorado Supreme Court case is against CU in The peoples Republic of Boulder, not CSU in Fort Collins.
    Quite correct. I apologize for the error and for slighting those who are administerating CSU. I do not wish to imply that CSU is dumb enough to try and ban concealed carry on their campus (again).

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    Yes, but... This was at the Appelate level where SCCC won. The CSU Regents have appealed to the Colorado Supreme Court (Thanks for needlessly raising my tuition). Oral arguements have been made there already. Now just twiddling my thumbs to await the newest verdict.

    Check back every monday: http://www.courts.state.co.us/Courts...ents/Index.cfm
    Planning on attending UCCS and am eargerly awaiting the verdict.

  10. #10
    Regular Member California Right To Carry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    463

    Thumbs up The audio to the Oral Arguments to Bonidy are here.

    A non-party to the appeal filed a motion to release the oral arguments which was granted yesterday. I sent him an email asking for a copy which he forwarded to me this afternoon.

    I've added the oral arguments in the Bonidy case to my collection of Second Amendment oral arguments maintained at my website.

    You can find the audio to the Bonidy Oral arguments under the October 21, 2014 Update by clicking here.
    Concealed carry is of no use to me, I don't carry a purse.

    Charles Nichols President of California Right To Carry
    http://CaliforniaRightToCarry.org

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •