Thread: OC while hiking in National parks

OC while hiking in National parks

I am planning on going on a trip to the Mammoth Cave National Park in a few weeks.
    While there I will be doing some hiking, I thought I read that congress passed a law that stated that all national parks have to follow the states gun lows. (ie. if the state supports CCW or OC then you can in the national park as well) But I am unable to find this.

Im wanting to print this out to take with me just in case I'm stopped.

Park Rules

If you go to Mammoth Cave's website you will plainly see that they have revised their rules and it clearly states open carry is legal. The page is probably printable. Carry on!

http://www.nps.gov/maca/parkmgmt/firearms.htm
    He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent which will reach to himself. -- Thomas Paine (1737--1809), Dissertation on First Principles of Government, 1795

They will probably try to prohibit weapons in the caves. I believe they classify them as buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by langzaiguy View Post
    They will probably try to prohibit weapons in the caves. I believe they classify them as buildings.
    Maybe so, but I would want to see the original architectural drawings to be sure....