Thread: NRA aims to lobby for guns on campus

NRA aims to lobby for guns on campus

Hey all, I'm new, and gunna post an intro here in a minute, but I wanted to get this up.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/0...r-guns-on.html

Hopefully with the backing of the NRA, it can get passed this time!

Unless I am missing something here, the most discussion has been mixing the 2 seperate issues of permitless concealed carry and college campus carry by students. Most of the tv and radio news has been saying permitless campus carry.

Left my comments on the Article as supporting.

I would support permit-less carry but that won't happen.

I have a feeling that they are saying that you wouldn't need a permit to open carry (since it would be illegal to CC without one). But the way they phrase it riles people up against it more than saying permitted CC.

Most of what I read seems to be about carry on campus. The California people and a couple of rabid lefties are going on about guns in general but that is their normal way.

I posted my comments for an hour or two and enjoyed some of the exchange.

It was useless trying to have a civil discussion with most of them. Got heated at several points, but we kept our cool and prevailed in y opinion!

Wasn't there a summary judgment hearing scheduled for this month?

Anyone got an update on Aaron Tribble's lawsuit? Was there a hearing? Scheduling change?

You know, when they called us paranoid, but in truth they are the one paranoid when they see a individual or groups of individual carry a tool (firearm and/or other) in the open or concealed, believing that he is a very dangerous person and he is there to take someone life, liberty, and property is what I call extreme paranoia. They are so paranoid that they can not be talked, written, TYPED with reason and they are at the same time very aggressive while we are calm. Then if you don't obey there controlling physiology, they will always try to take our life, liberty, and property from us and in return giving more power to the others, which in my honest opinion is what I called a true terrorist.

Hearing Held in UI campus carry/possession lawsuit

Looks like the hearing, where both sides argued for summary judgment, was held on Oct. 12.

Link to article: http://www.standard.net/stories/2011...#disqus_thread

The UI is arguing contract theory - that Aaron Tribble waived his right to possess firearms when he chose to live in married student housing, and that universities are "sensitive places" where firearms shouldn't be allowed.

Tribble kept hammering on the provision in Idaho's Constitution, which provides for more protection of citizens' RKBA than the 2A does.

The judge is Stegner. Anyone know anything about him?