• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'd over the weekend.

DrakeZ07

Nothing much to say, except one thing, I OC'd Friday over at Sky Bridge, in the DBNF. At the parking lot with the info board, I noticed something different that was missing, but a welcome surprised.

Last time I went to Sky bride, back in May, there was a sign that said 'NO FIREARMS ALLOWED' attached to the info board. This time, there was no signage at all, I made sure to do a quick survey around the area to make sure there wasn't any hidden signs against firearms, and couldn't see any. I was happy, and went about my way. There was a couple cars there in the parking lot, one with Ohio plates, another with Ontario plates. When my BF and I walked over sky bridge, we stopped and had a friendly chat with a couple, who was visiting from Ontario. I know they saw my revolver, but they didn't say anything, or make any attempt to run off screaming. Couldn't find the people from Ohio, but we went along our marry way.

We had to stop at the Shell in Glade for gas and smokes; I OC'd in the station and while pumping gas, and got a friendly comment by the guy at the cash register, who said "nice revolver".

Went over to Miguel's pizza for a bite to eat; no open comments, and the waitress behind the counter didn't pay us any mind. But I couldn't help but to over hear someone at a neighboring table talking about "that guy in pink camo with the gun", which kinda put me on guard >.>.

We spent Friday night and Saturday Night down at indian creek without any events. Sunday morning we awoke to someone parked behind my jeep, Asking if we knew of anyone who stole their tent and items, who happened to think my tent, chairs, lanterns, and tarp looked exactly like their own which was "stolen". My BF who was carrying my hi-point on his hip, told them we got here Friday night around 8pm and haven't seen anything suspicious. They left us alone. So we took that as a sign to pack up and go hit up Natural Bridge.

Both of us OC'd there, and no one said anything about, didn't encounter any cops or aggressive hikers.

I've been sorta leery of OC'ing in the gorge since the LEO encounters back in the spring, but the weekend's un-eventful-ness was a major confidence boost. I may try pushing the envelope, so to speak, and OC next time I go to Lexington for a monthly morning coffee with friends :D

Just wanted to make my OC AAR (after action report), and let people know, at least in my experience so far, Natural Bridge is OC friendly, and the Shell and Miguels pizza is OC friendly as well.

Johnburns15

I hope this may help you in pushing you toward ocing in Lexington. Lol
But I live in Lexington, I open carry every day, I've not had but one issue in doing so and it took about 30 decode to explain to the cashier that you do not have ti be a Leo to carry a firearm in public.
Other then the once I've had no negative experiences in ocing. I was directed toward joining this forum by doing so, I'd read posts here before but I guess I hadn't joined before talking to lazainguy at the Fayette mall while I was ocing.
Good luck

langzaiguy

Glad everything went well this weekend! I've OC'd all over RRG--including the Shell, Miguel's Pizza, etc. Never had a bad incident.

neuroblades

My female friend and I made the trip to National Bridge last weekend for some outdoors activities before foul weather started to set in in a few months. I OC'ed throughout the area; into shops, into the Shell, the lodge, the skylift and didn't encounter any negative reactions in the least.