Thread: Generic "thank-you" to all

Generic "thank-you" to all

I am fairly new here and new to OC. This decision has been a while in coming, but a couple of weeks ago I decided to begin carrying open rather than concealed most of the time. I read hundreds of threads here to get caught up on everything, as much as I could. I read and reread the laws.

And so I am here to thank you.

One valuable piece of advice I read over and over was to carry a voice recorder. I've listened to many of your encounters. One suggested was the Sony, and I've been wearing a Sony ICD-PX312. In its highest fidelity it holds over 22 hours of voice. In its lowest fidelity, 536 hours. And that's without an optional MicroSD card. I've been wearing it hidden under my shirt on a short lanyard around my neck it and it works wonderfully. $45 (amazon) seems like a steal.

There are many other things I've learned here. For example, how to interact with others, including LEOs, and for that I would like to thank you as well.

But most of all, I want to thank all of you who have gone before me and prepared the fields. I am sure my way will be easier because of you and others like you who have done the prior heavy lifting. Thank you.

Dan

Glad your enjoying your rights, peace be with you and your peice! God Bless, no thanks needed! Carry on! Welcome!
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Banned
    Im glad you're here as well.

If you have any questions, especially the "stupid" ones, just ask.

Thumbs up

Thank you for exercising your rights!welcome,god bless,carry on!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Im glad you're here as well.

If you have any questions, especially the "stupid" ones, just ask.
    Right. No question that keeps you armed and out of prison is stupid.

FYI, that unit will not take a MicroSD card. Sony uses their prioprietary Memory Stick memory cards for their products. That particular model uses Memory Stick Micro.

Other than that slight drawback (just about every product these days uses MicroSD, so having to use another type of card is kindof annoying), I wouldn't mind having that recorder. I would like one to have either USB or external memory so that I could upload the sound file to my computer, and I know a lot of model don't have either of those features.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    FYI, that unit will not take a MicroSD card. Sony uses their prioprietary Memory Stick memory cards for their products. That particular model uses Memory Stick Micro.
    The case says M2 and microSD, and the manual states it can use either a Sony memory stick micro (M2), or microSD/microSDHC from companies such as Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic, or SanDisk. It can use both types, and has an image in the manual showing both types. It has a USB port, too.

Sony link

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    One valuable piece of advice I read over and over was to carry a voice recorder. I've listened to many of your encounters. One suggested was the Sony, and I've been wearing a Sony ICD-PX312. In its highest fidelity it holds over 22 hours of voice. In its lowest fidelity, 536 hours. And that's without an optional MicroSD card. I've been wearing it hidden under my shirt on a short lanyard around my neck it and it works wonderfully. $45 (amazon) seems like a steal.

Welcome to OCDO Griffin.

That is the exact recorder I choose - high quality, easy on batteries, hint buy the best rechargeable.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up Some helpful hints

Welcome Grif

It sounds like you are off to a good start. I would also recommend a video recorder too. There are many small units available that are youtube ready & can be had in the $20-30 price range.

http://www.biglots.com/browseItem/as-advertised/1770

Combine that with a "stealth" video recorder ( I won't list types in case the Bad Guys are watching this forum ...) many can be found in the $50 range and your bases are covered. While audio is good, a picture is worth a thousand words. The reason for the stealth device(s) is in case a Bad Guy or Officer takes the primary from you, you are not left without the evidence you need to defend your rights.

There have been multiple instances of LEOs erasing or even destroying recorders of OCers. While this is rare these days; I am a firm believer in: better to have & not need, then to need & not have

I also suggest you program the MOC 411 number [734-879-2411] into your phone and wear a bluetooth while OCing, that way hit the speed dial and unbeknownst to the LEO(s) the audio is being streamed live to a web server, that cannot be deleted by them regardless if they found all your other devices.
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 09-26-2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: info/link/typo
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Welcome to OCDO!

Quote Originally Posted by pdindetroit View Post
    welcome to ocdo!
    glory hog!
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

He is, isn't he.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!