• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying While Hunting?

Aknazer

I'm coming up to MN at the end of October for hunting and had a question about carrying. Namely I was told that I can't carry a .40 while hunting because it isn't large enough to hunt with; even though I'm not carrying it for hunting reasons. I've tried to search for the law but have no clue where to start and when I tried searching online I wasn't having much luck on Google.

robdoar

You didn't mention what you were hunting.

The only game that has ammo restriction is Deer.

If you have a permit to carry, carry away. Until recently, it was only a crime to carry while bow-hunting. We successfully got that changed last year.

robdoar

2011 hunting regs. Page 17-18

Handguns
Persons age 18 or older may carry a handgun in the woods and
fields or upon waters to hunt or target shoot. Persons under age 18 may
carry handguns for hunting if in the actual presence or under the direct
supervision of the person’s parent or guardian, and if they meet firearms
safety requirements (see page 14). Except those licensed to carry a concealed
weapon
, a person may not possess a firearm while bowhunting for deer.

Now I have to figure out where I can get a license to carry a CONCEALED handgun....