Thread: East Sound OC Coffee Sat 10/8 Woodinville

East Sound OC Coffee Sat 10/8 Woodinville

Decided to throw together an East Sound OC coffee meet up. I am more centralizing this meet up (instead of Duvall) to try and attract people from the more populated areas as well.

When: 10AM, Saturday, October 8th
    Where: Starbucks, Woodinville, WA
    13780 N.E. 175th Street, Woodinville, WA 98072

This is on the corner between Jamba Juice and Taco Del Mar in the Town Center.

Google Map: http://g.co/maps/t5yr9

If thinks go well, I will be there.

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    I would love to be there, but unfortunately am cycling through my weekend shifts that weekend.
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

But all the cops hang out at the other Starbucks, or the Tullys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    But all the cops hang out at the other Starbucks, or the Tullys.
    I just opened google maps and searched for starbucks. I am not from woodinville (I thought it was centrally located so others would be more willing to come join), therefore I am not sure where the city or other LEO hang out. Otherwise, I probably would have selected it, maybe next time.

That Starbucks is right in the middle of most activity in Woodinville. Right on the edge of the shopping district and on the main street in town. LOTS of pedestrian activity in that area.
    Last edited by j2l3; 09-27-2011 at 06:46 PM.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    I just opened google maps and searched for starbucks. I am not from woodinville (I thought it was centrally located so others would be more willing to come join), therefore I am not sure where the city or other LEO hang out. Otherwise, I probably would have selected it, maybe next time.
    Yes, you picked the best place to have a meet. KCSO patrols Woodinville, so only a couple or three on duty anyway. Tullys is all the way down by the Winerys and Brewery.
    Last edited by OlGutshotWilly; 09-27-2011 at 08:25 PM.
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

I'm close by (in Redmond) so I'll be there.

Beginning of the week reminder, this is this Saturday.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    Beginning of the week reminder, this is this Saturday.
    Bump.

Your in my neck of the woods, so I will attempt to show up, although I don't care much for Starbucks coffee.

Maybe I can smuggle in some Lion's Den... think they would notice if I bmoc?

Quote Originally Posted by FMCDH View Post
    Bump.

Your in my neck of the woods, so I will attempt to show up, although I don't care much for Starbucks coffee.

Maybe I can smuggle in some Lion's Den... think they would notice if I bmoc?
    I'd suggest you try to get it through the pat down line, you wouldn't stand a chance in the coffee detector.

I'll try and be there as well.

Reminder: this is tomorrow

I wanted to post a reminder that this is tomorrow morning.

I look forward to seeing you guys.

PS: south and north sounders are welcome too, its not THAT far...
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 10-07-2011 at 11:09 AM.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

I'll see you there.

For those that have not met me, I'll be wearing blue jeans and green shirt with yellow text. I'll also have my little boy in a car seat with me today.

See you at 10.

We are sitting outside in front if your running behind schedule.

Great meet up with guys and gals present. We even had a LEO(off duty supporter) show up. I hope this can happen monthly.

Good meet everyone. Good conversation, people, and ok coffee on a nice October morning with sun! The meet ended up outside, since the weather was nice. Starbucks was packed inside. I am going to try and get this going every month, more often if we like.

Maybe next time we can attract some folks from down south and up north.

I had a good time and would like to come out every month. The Federal Way & Lakewood meets are just too far away most of the time, but Woodinville works well.

I cant say much for the coffee, but the company and conversation was great. Nice to meet everyone for the first time, and hope to see everyone in the future.

I wouldn't mind trying to make it a regular thing, and while Woodinville is a great central location, we might be hard pressed to find space at that Starbucks location once the weather turns north. Kenmore has a centrally located Starbucks that is quite a bit larger on the inside, and has outside seating to boot. There is also a family owned coffee house across the road from Kenmore City Hall called Espresso Works we might consider, they have lots of space inside too and I am friendly with the owner.

Bothell also has quite a few great coffee houses that are pretty spacious inside, one of which (Lion's Den) is located just top of the downtown area, and right across the street from a family owned gun shop (DJ's Loan and Sport) and it has the best coffee in the region as far as I am concerned. I'm not sure how they would feel about an OC crowd, tho I have OCed in there many times before without issue. I think they are pretty use-to the gun crowd from DJ's.

Some things to consider.

Edited to Add: O... For anyone that may have been wondering, because It was covered by my vest the entire time (I know..gezz), I was wearing an all black Sig 220 Carry Elite in a leather OWB pancake holster.
    Last edited by FMCDH; 10-08-2011 at 08:47 PM.

This would be a great monthly meet up. North and South are too far away as stated above. I agree, Bothell would make a good location. Lions Den is good as is Caffe Ladro.
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president