• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Sound OC Coffee Sat 10/8 Woodinville

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Decided to throw together an East Sound OC coffee meet up. I am more centralizing this meet up (instead of Duvall) to try and attract people from the more populated areas as well.

When: 10AM, Saturday, October 8th
Where: Starbucks, Woodinville, WA
13780 N.E. 175th Street, Woodinville, WA 98072

This is on the corner between Jamba Juice and Taco Del Mar in the Town Center.

Google Map: http://g.co/maps/t5yr9

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
But all the cops hang out at the other Starbucks, or the Tullys. ;)

I just opened google maps and searched for starbucks. I am not from woodinville (I thought it was centrally located so others would be more willing to come join), therefore I am not sure where the city or other LEO hang out. Otherwise, I probably would have selected it, maybe next time. :)

j2l3

That Starbucks is right in the middle of most activity in Woodinville. Right on the edge of the shopping district and on the main street in town. LOTS of pedestrian activity in that area.

Last edited:

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
I just opened google maps and searched for starbucks. I am not from woodinville (I thought it was centrally located so others would be more willing to come join), therefore I am not sure where the city or other LEO hang out. Otherwise, I probably would have selected it, maybe next time. :)

Yes, you picked the best place to have a meet. KCSO patrols Woodinville, so only a couple or three on duty anyway. Tullys is all the way down by the Winerys and Brewery.

Last edited:

FMCDH

Beginning of the week reminder, this is this Saturday.

Bump.

Your in my neck of the woods, so I will attempt to show up, although I don't care much for Starbucks coffee.

Maybe I can smuggle in some Lion's Den... think they would notice if I bmoc? ;)

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
Bump.

Your in my neck of the woods, so I will attempt to show up, although I don't care much for Starbucks coffee.

Maybe I can smuggle in some Lion's Den... think they would notice if I bmoc? ;)

I'd suggest you try to get it through the pat down line, you wouldn't stand a chance in the coffee detector.

I'll try and be there as well.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Reminder: this is tomorrow

I wanted to post a reminder that this is tomorrow morning.

I look forward to seeing you guys.

PS: south and north sounders are welcome too, its not THAT far...

Last edited:

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
For those that have not met me, I'll be wearing blue jeans and green shirt with yellow text. I'll also have my little boy in a car seat with me today.

See you at 10.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Good meet everyone. Good conversation, people, and ok coffee on a nice October morning with sun! The meet ended up outside, since the weather was nice. Starbucks was packed inside. I am going to try and get this going every month, more often if we like.

Maybe next time we can attract some folks from down south and up north.

boosteddreams

I had a good time and would like to come out every month. The Federal Way & Lakewood meets are just too far away most of the time, but Woodinville works well.

FMCDH

I cant say much for the coffee, but the company and conversation was great. Nice to meet everyone for the first time, and hope to see everyone in the future.

I wouldn't mind trying to make it a regular thing, and while Woodinville is a great central location, we might be hard pressed to find space at that Starbucks location once the weather turns north. Kenmore has a centrally located Starbucks that is quite a bit larger on the inside, and has outside seating to boot. There is also a family owned coffee house across the road from Kenmore City Hall called Espresso Works we might consider, they have lots of space inside too and I am friendly with the owner.

Bothell also has quite a few great coffee houses that are pretty spacious inside, one of which (Lion's Den) is located just top of the downtown area, and right across the street from a family owned gun shop (DJ's Loan and Sport) and it has the best coffee in the region as far as I am concerned. I'm not sure how they would feel about an OC crowd, tho I have OCed in there many times before without issue. I think they are pretty use-to the gun crowd from DJ's.

Some things to consider.

Edited to Add: O... For anyone that may have been wondering, because It was covered by my vest the entire time (I know..gezz), I was wearing an all black Sig 220 Carry Elite in a leather OWB pancake holster.

Last edited:

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
This would be a great monthly meet up. North and South are too far away as stated above. I agree, Bothell would make a good location. Lions Den is good as is Caffe Ladro.