Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Missouri Bike And Walking Trails

  1. #1
    Regular Member xdmcompact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St Louis City
    Posts
    289

    Missouri Bike And Walking Trails

    Looking for a little help on ordinances pertaining to walking trails in St Louis County and surrounding areas. Are these considered county parks where carry is not allowed? Am having trouble finding anything about trails. Thanks Greg

  2. #2
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by xdmcompact View Post
    Looking for a little help on ordinances pertaining to walking trails in St Louis County and surrounding areas. Are these considered county parks where carry is not allowed? Am having trouble finding anything about trails. Thanks Greg
    Good question... Don't know. The Katy Trail is "state" owned I think. The others, like here in Wildwood were built by the City of Wildwood, no OC, but CCW is good.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  3. #3
    Regular Member Redbaron007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,637
    Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    Good question... Don't know. The Katy Trail is "state" owned I think. The others, like here in Wildwood were built by the City of Wildwood, no OC, but CCW is good.
    You are right the Katy Trail is a state park. CCW is good on all. However, OC is the concern. My understanding, OC would be ok on the Katy, outside of Wildwood, but not in the city limits. I've had these conversations with several different authorities and none are conclusive for OC. Sorry.

  4. #4
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966

    State Parks OC

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    You are right the Katy Trail is a state park. CCW is good on all. However, OC is the concern. My understanding, OC would be ok on the Katy, outside of Wildwood, but not in the city limits. I've had these conversations with several different authorities and none are conclusive for OC. Sorry.
    OC is legal in all Missouri State Parks as far as the folks at DNR in Jeff City and the park police go, I have a number of emails from them.
    The only problem is when a State Park is within the boundry of a local area which prohibits OC. The State has no problem with it, the "local" authorities have the issue. Example: Babler State Park in Wildwood.

    The Katy Trail...... State land,check all local laws that it goes through!

    I think that is a complete answer.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •