• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri Bike And Walking Trails

xdmcompact

Looking for a little help on ordinances pertaining to walking trails in St Louis County and surrounding areas. Are these considered county parks where carry is not allowed? Am having trouble finding anything about trails. Thanks Greg

mspgunner

Looking for a little help on ordinances pertaining to walking trails in St Louis County and surrounding areas. Are these considered county parks where carry is not allowed? Am having trouble finding anything about trails. Thanks Greg

Good question... Don't know. The Katy Trail is "state" owned I think. The others, like here in Wildwood were built by the City of Wildwood, no OC, but CCW is good.

Redbaron007

Good question... Don't know. The Katy Trail is "state" owned I think. The others, like here in Wildwood were built by the City of Wildwood, no OC, but CCW is good.

You are right the Katy Trail is a state park. CCW is good on all. However, OC is the concern. My understanding, OC would be ok on the Katy, outside of Wildwood, but not in the city limits. I've had these conversations with several different authorities and none are conclusive for OC. Sorry.:uhoh:

mspgunner

State Parks OC

You are right the Katy Trail is a state park. CCW is good on all. However, OC is the concern. My understanding, OC would be ok on the Katy, outside of Wildwood, but not in the city limits. I've had these conversations with several different authorities and none are conclusive for OC. Sorry.:uhoh:

OC is legal in all Missouri State Parks as far as the folks at DNR in Jeff City and the park police go, I have a number of emails from them.
The only problem is when a State Park is within the boundry of a local area which prohibits OC. The State has no problem with it, the "local" authorities have the issue. Example: Babler State Park in Wildwood.

The Katy Trail...... State land,check all local laws that it goes through!

I think that is a complete answer.