Thread: New Facebook page for supporters of OC in Oklahoma

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association

Exclamation New Facebook page for supporters of OC in Oklahoma

Hello, I'm Okiebryan. Long time lurker, but it's my first time to post.

With the new legislative session coming up soon, I decided to gather a group of facebook people who think like I do, that it's high time that LACs in Oklahoma should have their right to Open Carry restored. I understand that some are working on getting an AG's opinion about the existing law, and I hope that effort is successful. However, I'd like to see another OC bill pass the legislature in 2012. I think that some 1st amendment events could only help that cause.

My facebook group is designed to be a place where people can quickly get legislative updates, and be aware of or suggest events for political speech to help secure our right to OC. I currently wear an empty holster pretty much everywhere I go, and would like to see more people do the same.

As it is, I can only OC in my own home and at my place of business. I'd like to see this changed asap.

If you agree, please "like" this FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Sup...43964295700282

Thumbs up

Liked.

Are you ever confronted about your empty holster? I've been thinking about doing that to support OC, but I didn't want problems with the law.

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Confronted? I would say no. Have people asked me about it? Yes. I did have one LEO here in OKC ask me why, and I told him it was political speech. End of conversation.

Many times when people ask me, I tell them that I legally carry in the holster when I am at my business, and I leave the holster on for my convenience and to let others know that I support having my OC right restored. Nearly all responses have been positive.

Wow, thats awesome. Thats a great way to spread the word! I believe I'll start doing it.

Everyone share the page with all of your friends on Facebook! Social networking can be a powerful campaigning tool!! We need to make some noise!!
    Last edited by Trent91; 10-02-2011 at 04:19 PM.

We're up to 57 followers! That's almost as much as the Ok2A in only about a month! We're planning on organizing empty holster carry events and protests through the page once we grow enough. Everyone follow us and share with all of the pro-open carry people you know! We grew enough to have a URL: www.facebook.com/opencarryok