• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Facebook page for supporters of OC in Oklahoma

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
Hello, I'm Okiebryan. Long time lurker, but it's my first time to post.

With the new legislative session coming up soon, I decided to gather a group of facebook people who think like I do, that it's high time that LACs in Oklahoma should have their right to Open Carry restored. I understand that some are working on getting an AG's opinion about the existing law, and I hope that effort is successful. However, I'd like to see another OC bill pass the legislature in 2012. I think that some 1st amendment events could only help that cause.

My facebook group is designed to be a place where people can quickly get legislative updates, and be aware of or suggest events for political speech to help secure our right to OC. I currently wear an empty holster pretty much everywhere I go, and would like to see more people do the same.

As it is, I can only OC in my own home and at my place of business. I'd like to see this changed asap.

If you agree, please "like" this FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Support-Open-Carry-in-Oklahoma/143964295700282

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
Confronted? I would say no. Have people asked me about it? Yes. I did have one LEO here in OKC ask me why, and I told him it was political speech. End of conversation.

Many times when people ask me, I tell them that I legally carry in the holster when I am at my business, and I leave the holster on for my convenience and to let others know that I support having my OC right restored. Nearly all responses have been positive.

Trent91

We're up to 57 followers! That's almost as much as the Ok2A in only about a month! We're planning on organizing empty holster carry events and protests through the page once we grow enough. Everyone follow us and share with all of the pro-open carry people you know! We grew enough to have a URL: www.facebook.com/opencarryok