Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Williamsburg update

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    492

    Williamsburg update

    has a proposal by the city's attorney to repeal in its entirety their law forbidding the firing of BB guns in the city. The city attorney's memo cited the fact that the General Assembly had passed a law that forbids them from maintaining such a law. Oh boo hoo. Too bad they are not free to continue to suppress freedom to the same extent which was their previous option. Of course in her memo she foisted the lie that their so-called common sense law was designed and implemented for the sake of public safety. Darn kid, you'll shoot yer eye out.

    Reluctantly Williamsburg is doing the right thing. Well, sort of. They're going to enact a new statute that will prohibit firing a pneumatic gun if the projectile crosses onto adjoining property.

    We're winning in the General Assembly. If we can retake the state senate and get rid of saslaw and his death star committee we can make even more progress.

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by 6L6GC View Post
    We're winning in the General Assembly. If we can retake the state senate and get rid of saslaw and his death star committee we can make even more progress.
    Doubt we will see Saslaw gone quite yet, but he can be made ineffective by taking the Senate and thereby removing him as the majority leader = No More Deathstar Committee!!!!
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by 6L6GC View Post
    Reluctantly Williamsburg is doing the right thing. Well, sort of. They're going to enact a new statute that will prohibit firing a pneumatic gun if the projectile crosses onto adjoining property.
    You can read the text of the new Willaimsburg Code here:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1612030

  4. #4
    Regular Member 2a4all's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Newport News, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Doubt we will see Saslaw gone quite yet, but he can be made ineffective by taking the Senate and thereby removing him as the majority leader = No More Deathstar Committee!!!!
    Even with a change in leadership, the "Death Star Committee" may remain as a useful fixture. It gives the party in power the ability to quickly dispatch any bills not to their liking.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

    Member VCDL, NRA

  5. #5
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post
    Even with a change in leadership, the "Death Star Committee" may remain as a useful fixture. It gives the party in power the ability to quickly dispatch any bills not to their liking.
    Stacking committees has been an acknowledged technique of leadership in both houses, but in this case this Senate sub-committee violates the Senant's own rules by its very existence.

    A "pocket veto" works much the same way - just don't assign a bill to any committee or sub-committee at all. Personally I don't like to see that much power in any politician's hands.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •