• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boooo for 48 hour wait.

jpm84092

Buying a handgun in Utah

Buying a handgun in Utah.

Without UT Permit - driver license and date of birth phoned for faxed to BCI. Wait is about 35 - 60 minutes depending on backlog. Sometimes longer on Saturdays, but you will walk out with the handgun "same day".

With UT Permit - phone call to BCI to verify permit is valid; 15 - 30 seconds. It takes longer to pay at the check out than to be approved.

UT limit on firearm purchase = quantity of firearms in stock at any particular store.

MKEgal

Out of curiosity, why didn't you do the background BS when you ordered/paid for the pistol, so the waiting period would overlap with the shipping period (at least somewhat)?
The FFL I use does that. And he's a decent short-order cook, too. :p

(Anyone in the Milwaukee area who wants to support a small independent FFL who charges about half what I see others in the area charging, and you can get breakfast or lunch or a malt while you're doing paperwork, PM me & I'll send you his info. Not sure he'd want it posted.)

I think one of the next things we need to tackle in re correcting WI laws is doing away with the 48-hr wait.

Jesse

Out of curiosity, why didn't you do the background BS when you ordered/paid for the pistol, so the waiting period would overlap with the shipping period (at least somewhat)?

I ordered it online from Buds and had it shipped to my local FFL.

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Last edited:

Jesse

Well, I made it but the last couple hours were terrible lol... I cleaned it up, checked over and added a few new goodies (more coming in the mail over the next couple days) and now I just need to run some rounds through it.. very excited :)

sig2.jpg

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Find a range, and I'll give you a heads up next time I'm up in your neck of the woods. I was just up there last week, too. :rolleyes:

Excellent choice on the P220.

Jesse

Find a range, and I'll give you a heads up next time I'm up in your neck of the woods. I was just up there last week, too. :rolleyes:

Excellent choice on the P220.

sounds like a plan, I'll be calling around tomorrow to see what is out there.

Wolf1477

Got a nice lil free range at Josie Creek between Tony and Glen Flora, 25, 50, 100, 300+ yard ranges, usually no problems getting into the pistol area. There's no RSO and you have to bring your own targets/stands.

I do my shooting in my back yard typically, but, I like to go out there once in a while to sight my rifle in, try clean the range up a lil bit (some people are freaking slobs), and see if I can scrounge some brass in the process of cleaning, pick everything up and sort it at home, oddball and steel cased get recycled...everything else goes in buckets.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Got a nice lil free range at Josie Creek between Tony and Glen Flora, 25, 50, 100, 300+ yard ranges, usually no problems getting into the pistol area. There's no RSO and you have to bring your own targets/stands.

I do my shooting in my back yard typically, but, I like to go out there once in a while to sight my rifle in, try clean the range up a lil bit (some people are freaking slobs), and see if I can scrounge some brass in the process of cleaning, pick everything up and sort it at home, oddball and steel cased get recycled...everything else goes in buckets.
Sounds like a very nice range; who runs it?

Zeus

Man, very nice gun. I was so envious I had to break down and finally get a P220ST myself. Found a great deal on an all black nitron police pistol. Did the paperwork yesterday so when it arrives here next week I'm good to go. On a side note, I frequent Shiocton range and heard some guy plugged his buddy in the leg with a 44Mag by accident up there last week. Stay safe out there!

Wolf1477

Sounds like a very nice range; who runs it?

Sorry for the delay, been a very busy weekend.

The Josie Creek range is just an open range, IIRC the land was provided by the county as an attachment to the county park, it's our (the people who use it) responsibility to keep it clean and functional.

Also forgot about the Swamp Road Sportsman's Club, I haven't been there (yet), but, from all accounts a very nice range, skeet/trap with pistol and rifle ranges. I'm not sure what they charge, but, I'm fairly sure it's an annual fee (last I heard was somewhere around $30/year for membership). I'm sure they're listed online.