• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Community Support

carracer

I don't know if this is a proper venue for this so if the mods delete I understand.

Our opportunity to show that open carry enthusiests have compassion and concern for the community has arisen. October 16th is Canyon County's 25th annual Crop Walk to fight Hunger. It is a charity event that benefits local foodbanks and hunger nation and world wide. We talk the talk about our 2nd amendment rights now let's walk the walk to show that 2nd Amendment supporters have compassion and concern for more than just ourselves. This is a community event held in public so we can carry open or concealed as we Walk to fight hunger! Please collect donations so we can show we are a leading group in the area. Please donate on a personal level. There is a Traeger Pellet BBQ being raffled $1 per ticket. Tickets available at RK Gunsmithing in Nampa. BBQ donated by Campbell Tractor in Nampa. Since this is a 25th anniversary event there will be media present. Newspaper and maybe even tv. Possibly our chance to get some positive publicty as I doubt there have ever been open carriers at this event. Probably anywhere in the nation.

Contact Chris Wood carracer for more info or to donate! Let's be the largest donating group! I'll personally donate $50 for the IDCDL Group and with permission reference OCDO. Anyone care to match that?

Our IDCDL Team page.
http://www.churchworldservice.org/s...TR-Fall2011?team_id=59755&pg=team&fr_id=13506
Go to "Your Walk Details" to sign up for our team!

http://www.churchworldservice.org/site/TR/2011FallCROPHungerWalk/TR-Fall2011?fr_id=13506&pg=entry

Last edited:

Ma}{imus

What a great idea. Props from NE.

Swyped from my LS670 using Tapatalk

carracer

Donations don't have to come from Idaho. anyone can donate by going to the first link I included and click on support this team!

carracer

To World Church Services for National and worldwide distribution to purchase food, build water wells etc. Locally, this year, the recipients are 7th day adventist food bank and Oasis food bank. Every year the local food banks are interviewed and 2 are chosen by the local committee to recieve. Over $25,000 has been donated LOCALLY since Crop Walk started in Canyon County 25 years ago. 100% of the proceeds from the Traeger BBQ raffle go directly to the 2 local food banks.

This is a very visible charity that recieves attention from the media. We can put on a good showing as a group. I'm sure that no one has ever participated in this Walk open carrying. This is our opportunity to show the public our true colors!

carracer

Shall do! Feel free to make a donation in the name of the group at our Team page. Any amount will be wonderful and will be in the name of IDCDL. there is a red "Support" button right side of the middle of the page!

So far at $55 in website donations. I will have donation paperwork at our regular 2nd Monday meeting at Wild Bills BBQ on the 10th and donations of any amount will be appreciated!

carracer

Donations currently at $105. Caldwell Methodist Church is at $375. Could use a little help to beat them! Any amount, from anyone, from anywhere!

The "Crop Walk for Hunger" is this Sunday at College of Idaho in Caldwell. Exit 29 off the freeway (I-84). Back Parking lot of the College is the meeting place at 2:00. I will have our group pre registered.Currently have 3 people to walk as our group. Please consider joining us! There will be several hundred people participating and I would like our group to be prominent amoung them.

If anyone would like to meet for coffee before the event I would up for that.

Pm to me for more info.

carracer

I am going to Moxie Java across from McDonalds in Caldwell before the Crop Walk. I will be there about 1:30 or maybe a few minutes after that if anyone wants to meet there first. Will head back to the college about 10 till 2. OC of course!

carracer

I would like to thank all those who participated in this event by walking and/or donations! the weather was horrible but we still had a great time! Once again, thank you so much!