Thread: first day carrying tomorrow. wish me luck

first day carrying tomorrow. wish me luck

sup guys. i actually have a decent reason to carry openly. im 18. i cant carry concealed. but, i can carry openly in Louisiana. i hunt, fish, and live in a shady part of town, so i liked the company of my 45. like so many others, i didnt even know it was legal to carry untill tonight. I will be carrying occasionaly now. im sure i'll end up looking down the barrel of some cop's glock eventualy, but lets just hope he asks questions first. so yea, wish me luck!
    Last edited by swampcrawler; 09-27-2011 at 12:26 PM. Reason: schlitz made fun of me

We wish ya the best! Dress appropriately and act properly and the chances of having any issues will be small. If ya go out head to toe in Camo and act like "Billy Bad Ass" you WILL find it an unpleasant experience!
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by swampcrawler View Post
    like so many others, i didnt even know it was illegal to carry untill tonight. I will be carrying occasionaly now.
    Last edited by Schlitz; 09-27-2011 at 11:22 AM.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

How did it go?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Wow...18 and open carrying!

It will be interesting to read his posts in the morning.

Congrats and Good Luck!!

As you know, the politics in LA are....well, lets just say, it may be legal, but sum of dem boys don't care.

Keep us posted!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    Congrats and Good Luck!!

As you know, the politics in LA are....well, lets just say, it may be legal, but sum of dem boys don't care.

Keep us posted!!
    Yea, but its Louisiana; many people don't know or care what the law is for carrying, they just carry.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    Yea, but its Louisiana; many people don't know or care what the law is for carrying, they just carry.
    That is the flip side and you are correct too.

Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    Wow...18 and open carrying!
    Yes, isn't it nice? Legal age is 17 in LA, 16 in VT, 14 in MT and AK, and up to the parent's discretion in NH, MO, and WY.

The rest of the country has been lobotomized. Only 9 states believe it should be 21.

Meanwhile, my grandfather OC'd when he was around 9 or 10. To school, no less! Along with the other kids who needed to catch dinner on the way home.
    Last edited by since9; 10-04-2011 at 02:29 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

During one of the bad hurricanes we went through in Lafayette, LA, my dad stationed me at the end of our street with my loaded 16ga Ithica pump with orders to keep non residents (looky-loos) off the street as the wake from their vehicles was flooding our neighbors homes! I was all of 11 or so but I looked much older. Had a cop pull up and ask me what was up and when I told him, he said "Good job!" and left me be.

Me at 10 or 11 years old...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LiftingWeights.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	7033
    like I said, I was a big kid!
    Last edited by HeroHog; 10-04-2011 at 10:41 AM.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    18 is a good age to start. i started at 16 in Vt. was shocked when i realized i could carry CONCEALED at 16. but loved every second of it haha
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Well swampcrawler how has it been going? please update your experience. I hope the reason you haven't updated is just cause your busy and not detained. let us know

Yup the pastor of my church used to put his gun in his locker at school. He'd hunt after school and the school even had a gun club.